Too casual for me

One night this week I stayed up late waiting for Tyler, McKay, and Rachel to get back from house hopping between both their brothers' homes. Finally they got home around midnight. So I am just going down the hall to go to bed when McKay comes out of the bathroom with a toothbrush hanging out his mouth to talk to me.

Is it just me, or is McKay always wearing a BYU math shirt?

We are standing there talking when I hear someone else still in that bathroom. It wasn't Tyler because I just saw him in the family room reading his scriptures.



So I said, "Who is in there?" (like I didn't know...) He said, "Oh Rach is brushing her teeth." I'm thinking, wait a minute they are brushing their teeth side by side?! So I was probably standing there with my mouth open trying to digest this.

McKay goes back into the bathroom and I hear Rachel say to McKay, "This is so awkward." So then I hear McKay finishing up brushing his teeth (all that spitting and rinsing, so romantic) and he comes back out to talk to me...I'm still in the hallway. So I WHISPER to him, "McKay, you should not be that familiar with anyone until you are married."

With that Rachel comes out of the bathroom and says, "Don't worry, I was only washing my face."





Like that makes it better?
That just struck us all so funny and we kept laughing. Then I threatened to put this on my blog and Rachel said she was fine with that so here we are.
I can tell though that this vacation needs to come to an end soon.
Their generation is a bit too casual for me.


In case you are wondering how I got all these pictures,
I had them all re-enact it 2 nights ago.

I had to interrupt their Monopoly game but they were very cooperative.


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is too funny! But I totally know what you mean, when my one son was dating, I went downstairs and they were asleep on his bed. I had to make the rule, "no opposite sex in your room", seven years later, they still think I am the odd one! Go figure.

Lisa said...

This was funny to me. Inoticed you posted it at 5am after going to bed at midnight?!!! Hmmmm.

The Gage Cage said...

I guess Paul and I never did that that I can remember but we are both from here. I imagine if we had to travel.....I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it. Typically men and women don't start sharing a bathroom until they are married but washing your face and brushing teeth next to eachother isn't anywhere is the For Strength of Youth Pamphlet.

Rachel seems so cute and wholesome in your blog entries. Her cloths are darling and modest and she is full of personality. By her wardrobe I would think she has been to the temple.They look very cute together!

Anonymous said...

This was soooo funny to read! I'm sitting here, laughing out loud, and my kids are wondering what mom finds so funny! :) So McKay, Tyler, and Rachel, when are you going to head up North and visit with your sistas??? :)

Kim

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...