My Second Dad

My first husband passed away in 1996. I still feel close however, to his parents.
Today is his dad's birthday and I just want to wish him a very Happy one!!

With his wife of nearly 62 years.
I think this picture was taken near the time I first met them in 1974.
Bill and Niada Heasley

On their 50th wedding anniversary in 1996.
Just 3 days before their son and my husband was suddenly taken from us.

Dad Heasley is a very kind, gentle, and nurturing man. He was always willing to help in anyway he could. He loves his grandchildren and would come to see and spend time with my sons often.

He was tender towards me as the mother of his grandsons. I remember when my 3rd son McKay needed some minor surgery when he was just 2 years old. Dad Heasley came with us and waited with me through out it all. He would often come by our home when they use to live in town just to be with the boys. He seemed to always be ready to play with them, or take them to the movies, or wherever they wanted to go.

When my husband was injured in 1989 he stayed and helped me with the boys so I could focus on dressing all my husband's wounds, which was a long process.

He is a good man. And he and his wife raised a good son who married me. We were happily married for 22 years. I will always be grateful to them for that.

Happy Birthday Dad Heasley!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, These two sound like very loving people. Do they live in Arizona now? Didn't they go to the temple in the recent past? Thanks for sharing. Love, Susan and Dad

Anonymous said...

Good thing we checked your blog at the end of the day! McKay just realized he needs to call his grandparents...yahoo for blogs! You are great Jill.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...