This twice a year visit is OVER



Tyler, McKay, and Rachel left yesterday morning.
I bought them a few groceries to take back with them.

It was quite the trick watching Tyler try to make room for everything.


I think it would have been easier if McKay and Tyler had just washed their laundry before the trip rather than cram the full hamper of dirty clothes into the trunk. But what do I know.


Rachel's sad face expressed how I felt.




It's been a great week. But as with all weeks, it flew by.
I kissed them all goodbye and then went into the house and cried.
I recovered in about 5 minutes.

Looking forward to winter break in December.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What can I say except I felt like crying with you! Mom's never stop loving & caring about their well being do they? You are such a great example of a nurturer.

Anonymous said...

Jill,
We snacked on trader joe's groceries the whole way thanks to you! We got home pretty late last night cuz of the stormy weather...like 2:00 am or something? Anyways McKay is such a good driver, we are all fine and well. Consider this the first of many comments on your blog...you asked for it! I hope you are having a happy Thursday. I miss Clovis already.

The Gage Cage said...

Jill,

I really look up to you!!!!! A person could not marry into a better family. Your boys, even though they had to go through hard times, are so lucky they have you for a Mom!

Grandma Honey said...

LISA and KRISTA...
I love how you read my blog and thank you so much for all the encouragement!! I've come to wonder each time what you will say and then check back to see. You have me spoiled! I love it.

RACHEL...
Hey you did it! I'm proud of you!! I will be looking forward to your comments from now on. :)
There are a few anonymous people so sign your name next time okay? I don't want to miss out on anything you are telling me.
And we miss you in Clovis!

Jill

Anonymous said...

Miss you mom.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...