A Pollyanna Afternoon

This movie probably influenced me more than any other.
So guess what we watched together this afternoon?
My favorite line in the entire movie is at the end when the minister says to Pollyanna, after she came and changed the whole town by her "Pollyanna" ways, "We looked for the good in them and we found it didn't we?" I love that! The girls and I talked about how if we look for the bad in a situation or a person we will find that, too.

Thank you Jess, Emily, and Katie for watching this with me!

Dennis took the girls out Walmart shopping tonight and to buy some Jamba Juice. They sure loved the corn on the cob we had for dinner. It came in our vegetable club today. The girls were just fascinated by all the vegetables on our front porch, and the string of people who would come and go. We have one customer who actually talks to his vegetables. They were waiting for him but we never heard him yesterday. Perhaps he sent his wife to pick them up.




Displaying their souvenirs

6 comments:

Logan and Amy said...

They are all so cute!!!! I can't believe they have been here a week already. I bet your going to miss them when their gone! I so glad we got to meet them and my kids sure loved playing with their cousins. I hope to be able to meet Dennis kids real soon.
-Amy

Anonymous said...

Sign these girls up for the Mormon Tab. They are so cute. Jill, I am glad you like the movie Pollyanna. I love it too.

Miranda said...

Pollyanna is one of my favorite movies. I was just talking about that movie with someone the other day. I have loved reading about your week with your granddaughters. I am sure you are sad to see them go home, they are darling girls and lucky to have you as grandparents.
By the way, do you by chance get your vegetables from TD Willey farms? If so, could you let me know how you like it? I have been interested for a couple of years now in having them deliver to me but havn't ever really committed to it. I have tried to go to their website but it doesn't seem to be working. Anyway, we can talk about it later but I am just curious about it.

Kris said...

Oh what a fun video! That was so sweet to hear them sing one of my favorite songs! You and Dad are the best. What fun they've had this week!

The Gage Cage said...

I don't think I've scene Pollyanna since I was very young. I might have to go buy that so my kids can see it. Thanks for the great idea!!!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Favorite movie of all time...a classic, my fav part is when she takes the bottled food to the crabby old woman! ;)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...