It's Heidi's birthday today!!

Heidi's birthday is TODAY.
I remember well when our Mom was pregnant with her. I was 11 years old but I kept telling her that this pregnancy was different from all the others. I kept telling her she was having twins. I would go with her to her dr appointments and Dr Havenhill would listen with his stethoscope and say, "No, I just hear one heart beat."

Mom was due June 15, 1965.
On May 30th her labor began and my dad took her to the hospital. One of the nurses discovered 2 heart beats! We were all SO EXCITED!! Two days later....yep, 2 days of labor in the hospital, on June 1st, around 10:30 in the morning, my mom delivered twins, Scott and Heidi.


Heidi served a mission for our church in Iowa. Here she is the day she returned:



She now lives in Santa Clara, California teaching special education. Last I heard she was serving in the nursery in her previous ward. She had moved but they needed her in the nursery so she kept attending that ward to help out. That's Heidi.


Heidi has one of the purest hearts I know. She will do anything for anyone in need. That is just the way she is. She is always interested in what everyone else is doing and will listen till the cows come home (as my mom use to say).

I love you Heidi. I hope you have a nice birthday today!
(I love Scott too but I know he will never read this...)

2 comments:

The Gage Cage said...

I never realizes Scott and Heidi were twins. I knew there was a set of twins in your family but never even thought to wonder who the twins were. Ho w cool that you knew before anybody else. You are all knowing Jill. When you speak, I totally listen!

Anonymous said...

I wish your sister lived in Clovis! She sounds alot like you and you know how much I love you! (LB)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...