Interesting end to a fun day

I could hardly believe how many French Toast each of these girls ate for breakfast this morning. It was no wonder we didn't eat lunch til nearly 2:30 today.
About 3 slices each!

We thought we better have a cleaning day.
Or I thought we better have a cleaning day.
Jessica taking off the Cami fingerprints.
We love Cami fingerprints but she is making room for some new ones.

Emily was a little hesitant about vacuuming until I explained
that if we don't get rid of the crumbs we might get ants.
Then she wanted to waste no time.
(She said they don't have ants in Logan, Utah.)

Katie didn't want to get dressed this morning.
I was about to tell her she couldn't play till she was dressed.
Then I remembered...I'm not the mom, I'm the grandma!
So I smiled and said, "Sure, why don't you just stay in your PJs until it's time to put your swimming suit on!"
(or PGs as Emily calls them)

McKenzie Shepard dropped in for a game of Life

Lunch on the patio


Grandpa came home early from work to swim.

Jessica mastered diving today!

So did Emily!
The fear left her.
And of course our natural fish, Katelyn
Tonight we went to see my Dad and his wife Susan.
I wanted to see the BEAUTIFUL decorating they have done to their apartment.
(I'll save that for another post).
They have a guest staying with them named Betty Box.
She and her husband wrote all the music for the Benji movies,
got nominated for an Oscar and won a Global Globe award.
So we stopped off at the video store to rent that movie.
Betty Box and the girls
Grandma Susan, my dad's wife, made the girls some lemon bread with strawberries which they loved! On the way out to the car Den whispered to me, "Good thing Susan fed them that dessert. This will save us a trip buying them a treat on the way home."
I told him he is out of practice in the parenting department.
We had promised them a treat on the way home.
I told him, "Don't you remember? One treat does not cancel out another."
So we stopped and bought Ice cream Sundaes on the way home.

We were all too tired to watch Benji when we got home so we get to do that tomorrow. We will all be paying close attention to the music.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having way too much fun. I wish those girls were here to help me clean my house. I was wondering if you could adopt me as your granddaughter? It looks like so much fun there!!!!

Grandma Honey said...

You are too funny Karen!
We ARE having a really good time. It's 10am and 2 of the girls are still sleeping. I think we wore them out yesterday.
Thanks for reading my blog, Karen!

Jill

Anonymous said...

How fun! You can teach that class on grandparenting at the next BYU Education Week! You're making my Teddy Bear Tea Parties look quite pale by comparison. Betty was so excited about the recognition for the Benji movies. She said that took her WAY back in time. She thought the girls were adorable and so well mannered. Too funny about one treat not cancelling out another. Love, Susan & Dad

Ammy said...

I know...I want to be 10 again & be your granddaughter too!!!

The Gage Cage said...

They are going to have the best childhood memories at Grandma and Grandpa's house! So lucky!

The Gage Cage said...

I assume your tooth is all better....I hope.=) If it isn't it obviously isn't slowing you down.

Judy Ryan said...

What great pictures! Katelyn was a joy to have in Primary, and a real natural with the bells. If you read Kasey's blog she talks about playing bells when we were there last, but it's connected with an embarrassing incident. See if you can get K to come back in a month so she can help us out in sharing time. She's terrific!

Miranda said...

Jill,
Can you please adopt me as well, even though I am way to old to be your grandaughter? I have loved reading about your day to day activities with the girls. I am sure their parents LOVE reading about all the fun their daughters are having with their grandparents. You guys are are really special!!

Logan and Amy said...

I want to be your granddaughter as well! I know first hand how well you take care of others and make them feel so welcome and special. Maybe Logan and I should take a trip and leave the grandkids with you, they would love that, ha, ha :) JK. Anyway, I am glad you are having such a great time with the girls. Thanks for having my girls over today to spend time with their cousins. They had a great time.
-Amy H.

Ry said...

Thanks so much to gma and gpa for taking care of our lil' princess. We've had such a great time here in Maui and it's really nice to know that Emily and her cousins are having such a great time. Can't wait to see you when we get back Emily! We love you... Mom and Dad (posted by Emily's Dad, Ryan)

Kris said...

It's so fun for me to check in every night and "see" how the girls are doing. Your details are amazing.

I'm so glad they're helping around the house. I hope they will do even more! (Are you girls reading this? :))

I loved that you introduced them to someone so special...the creator behind the music of Benji. We'll never watch that movie again without thinking about her. Thank you for giving them that experience.

I can't wait to have little Cami prints around my home!!! Yeah!

Every time I talk to the girls, they keep telling me how much fun they've had with their new cousins. I think that is one of the sweetest outcomes from this experience. And Amy, if you're reading this, I can't wait to meet you one day!! Our whole family needs to come to California next time.

Thank you for making the girls feel so loved.

Love,
Kris

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...