Hospital lunches

When my sons were small we use to have what we would call "hospital lunches" This began when my 3rd son was in the hospital so many times while he was struggling with his heart condition. (which he no longer has, by the way) They would bring his lunch to him on a tray. Then when we would go home he still would ask for a "hospital lunch".


So I would take a tray that had compartments and fill it with whatever I had in the fridge and cupboards...apple slices, raisins, small sandwich cut in pieces, yogurt, blueberries....just whatever I had. His brothers would often want one to. They were a fun change from regular lunches. I could get them to eat things they ordinarily would not try. You know how boys like to "conquer" their tasks.


Now when my grandchildren are here I will sometimes ask if they would like a "hospital lunch" They love them too! Elora often requests them. Hailey, when she was here, would even want them for breakfast.


Well today I found something similar on another website so I thought I would share it here.



This is from tutusandturtles.blogspot.com

The link shows up right above the muffin tin below.


Muffin Tin Munchies

Lunch time at our house is always .... interesting. No one can agree on what to eat. This muffin tin meal may solve my problem and get my kids to eat some new things too! Thanks Sycamore Stirrings for the great idea!

4 comments:

Logan and Amy said...

Great idea! I want to try this with my kids. They would love it!
Amy H.

katy said...

thanks for the post! 'little' food is always fun :)

the Rich girl said...

I was just trying to remember about this! I think that this would be fun for Rich. Although, I'm not sure he'd appreciate it until he's a little older.

the Rich girl said...

I guess what I'm really trying to say is thank you for tagging your blog so that I can search it for things.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...