A way easier way to journal

I'm sorry about the video of yesterday. 
Apparently Youtube has new ways of controlling things, 
like the music we choose.

HOWEVER, today, I want to show you something that I really really like.
Something that I think may influence years and even generations to come.
I'm hoping anyway.

When my sister Robin told me about LDSjournal I didn't think I would be that interested.
I keep a journal in a written standard type book. I enjoy hand writing.
But, as I thought more about it, I realized I don't write all that often anymore.
It's frustrating to write something down without spell check,
without being able to change paragraphs around,
without being able to insert added memories of that day that I thought of later.

With LDSjournal, I can just quickly write a sentence or two in 30 seconds.
Or I can write 3 sentences and then come back later that day and write 2 more paragraphs.
SO simple, so UN-time comsuming.

When the grandkids say something that I don't want to forget,
I just take a minute or 2 (literally) and type it in my ongoing journal.
AND, I can put pictures on this journal very easily.
In fact, I put pictures on most of my daily entries.
By the time this year is up, practically no stone will be left unturned (or unrecorded)

LDSjournal is FREE.
However, they offer to put it all in book form for you, complete with your pictures,
for a reasonable fee.

And no, you don't have to be LDS to join.
There is a huge section of "all about me" questions you can answer to have part of your journal, 
 if you want.
There are probably many LDS type questions in that section,
but one could leave those out,
and when you have your book printed the ones you omitted won't be in there.

Oh how I WISH there had been something like this when I was raising my sons.
I would have loved to have captured snippets of their childhood on a daily basis.
Since I can type way faster than I can write, I could have actually pulled it off back then.

Like I said, for some reason when Robin told me about this I wasn't that interested.
Then one day I just got on there to look around and thought I would just write a few sentences.
I did, and then I was hooked. But hooked in a good way.

Sometimes ideas or memories or just insights come to me,
and now I have a place I can just write it down.
So many write tidbits of their day on Facebook,
and even if you save those, really how personal can they be?
Most of that will just be lost forever. So just consider LDSjournal online. Just sayin'.

14 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds great, Jill. I will check it out...

=)

Scrapally said...

I have not heard of that before. Sounds like someone had a great idea! My blog is my "journal" and I have it printed in book form at the end of every year. That's the best I'm ever gonna get at journal writing. :)Glad you have found something neat that will work for you!

Susan said...

Great idea! Thanks for the info. I'm already a beliver! How does Scrapally get her blogs printed in book form? Would love to know how to do this. Susan

Lisa said...

Well. once again you've solved the problem I've been looking for! I don't exactly feel like my blog can be filled with the "other" personal thoughts I have, etc. so this is perfect as long as it's not public. I love the fact it will put in book form. THANK YOU!

Grandma Honey said...

Right Lisa, blogs are great, but not for the personal stuff. No, Ldsjournal is not public and it's suppose to be very safe. Check it out. I really think you'll love it.

Susan~ Scrapally told me once how she gets her blog in book form, but I can't remember which company she goes with. Hopefully she will see this and let us know.

Tyler Heasley said...

I'll give LDSJournal a try. I've been using MacJournal (WinJournal for Windows users) since soon after my mission, and I love it. I can't as easily make a book out of it, so that would be the only reason to switch over. With MacJournal I can just print off the pages and put them in a binder, which isn't as nice looking, but it's a pretty convenient and very easy to use program.

McKenna Heasley said...

I just signed up and I am really excited! There are already so many Grant moments I haven't recorded. Thanks for the information!

Grandma Honey said...

Tyler~ I'm very curious to find out which is better because I am not familiar at all with what you have now. On the LDSjournal you can easily bring up scriptures and copy and paste them in. All the scriptures come up and you can find what you want....rather than find them elsewhere and then bring it back to the journal.

grandmapeg said...

I have never heard of this but will definitely look at it. Thanks for the idea and I love that picture of your dad and Susan!

Darlene said...

It sounds like a great idea and yes, I can totally agree with you that I wish I had done that as my kids were growing up. Darn, those years just went by too fast and I can no longer remember the little things that happened daily and the things they said. I will have to suggest this to all my grandchildren who are now raising families. Maybe I can convince some of them to check it out because I know that when they get to be my age, they will truly enjoy reading about those special things that happened when their children were growing up. THe children too will have a great history of their childhoods.

Ammy said...

This is so interesting that I read this today. Yesterday when we were at my moms, she had my aunts treasures for truthes book. I got to reading it and she kept a very good journal. We thought about what we could do to keep a journal, more than just a blog. This would be perfect...I am starting mine today...thank you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jill I hadn't heard about this!! I will give it a try!!

Kris said...

Oh I definitely need to check this out! It sounds right up my alley.

Holly Decker said...

i LOVE and use LDS journal! so glad you feel the same way :)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...