Taylor's home!

 Not your typical missionary homecoming...

My nephew Taylor returned today from his 2 year mission to New Jersey.
Exciting, YES. Very. It always is.

His Mom (my SIL) was so excited to see him that she went flying through security to get the first hug.
I didn't see this but I heard the security hit her hand to her own head as she watched Kim run past her.
And I guess Kim brought her own music for the airport. Never heard of that done before.
Not many people I know would take on the airport like that. Only our dear Kim.



Kim said she wanted a trial run before Taylor arrived so she could get pictures.


Sometimes I wonder what joy my Dad must feel watching 
yet another grandson return home from his mission....his 8th !

Great Grandpa asking Elora about her latest run.



Love this picture of my Dad


I hope my sister Robin will forgive me for showing her picture (see how happy she is)
along with my brother John and his wife Suzanne.

Oh the joy. Kim, Taylor, and Tess


The family back together again.
Tanner, Kate, Kim, Taylor, Tess, Nicole, Scott


Love this picture of the family just before Taylor left.

I do wonder if Taylor's little brother Romeo was present with us today.



He's been gone 14 years now.
But I know his parents think about him everyday.


The proud grandparents!

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Such a happy reunion! Taylor really must have felt welcomed home for sure!

So sweet to include little Romeo in this post too, I like to think loved ones are part of our family life in some way, and I do feel their presence at so many family gatherings, and I'm sure it's that way for your family too.

That photo of your Dad with Elora is beautiful (I really like her eyewear!), and I'm sure he must be so proud of all his children and grandchildren. You have a beautiful family.

Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Dad and Susan said...

We teared up at this post just like we did being at the airport yesterday. Thanks for helping us to re-visit that happy occassion. Love, Dad and Susan

grandmapeg said...

Time goes by so fast with these missions when you aren't family. It seems just like yesterday that you said Taylor got his mission call. Love the signs and pictures, especially of your dad,and I like the picture of Taylor with his grandparents. Such a happy family event! How many more missionaries are there to go for your family?

Susan Anderson said...

Wow. That is quite the homecoming!! I guess he felt about as welcomed as it gets!!!

=D

Grandma Honey said...

Not sure Peggy, because they aren't all born yet.

Anonymous said...

Looks like that young man feels well-loved! Who wouldn't with that welcome?
darlene

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Such a wonderful post and homecoming for Taylor. I know he must of been as happy to be home as everyone wanted him to be.
Hope all is well
Love
Maggie

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow. What a homecoming. Seems like he just left. Time flies.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...