Three summer ideas

I feel compelled to pass along 2 promising sounding summer ideas:
And a 3rd link.


1. This mom came up with the idea of posting a schedule 
each day for her kids, so structure won't completely 
disappear during the summer. 
I wish I had thought of this back in the day. 
Sometimes those summer days can just melt one right into another. 
Kids love structure and the feeling of knowing what is coming up next.
Check it out here.


2. Never would have thought of this idea on my own.... 
a very creative non toxic way to keep flies away. 
I have not tried this, but they claim it's effective. 
Flies are the major reason I don't enjoy eating outside. 
So, I will be hanging these at our 4th of July barbeque! 


3. And here's a fun little blog to check on each day. 
She photos her school lunch everyday in her Scottish town. 
Apparently it's not summer break there. 
I love seeing the different foods.

 Her blog was very controversial for a while 
and her school was trying to ban her from taking pictures of their food.   
But all seems to have calmed down now,
and this little girl is back in business

7 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Great stuff, Jill, and I especially like the fly repellent idea. Sure hope it works!

=)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow she takes photo's of her school lunches how funny. I will check out your other ideas. I do need one for flies.
I have heard of hanging out water in bags but will see if thats what you are suggesting.
Hope all is well
Love
Maggie

Rebecca said...

That little girl's blog is cute. Fun to see what food looks like in other parts of the world.

Darlene said...

Thanks for the fly tip Jill. I am definitely going to try it because we don't eat out anymore because of the flies. We have a lovely back yard and a nice table and chairs in our patio area and NEVER use it. I absolutely hate flies and it just isn't worth it to me. I'll let you know if it works!

I'll have to check out the little Scotish girls blog. I have a blogging friend in Scotland, Linda and I love learning about their cusoms etc. I wonder where she got the idea to take pictures of their lunch at school.........seems a bit odd to me, but oh well

Kris said...

These are great! I've been looking at the links you gave. They're really good!

Anonymous said...

great! new ideas for getting rid of flies!
I really enjoyed the school lunch pictures. many of the lunches looked healthier than the lunches I've seen in the public schools here.
darlene

Grandma Honey said...

Darlene...that's exactly what I was thinking. Her school has such better variety and color and balance than we do here!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...