More pictures from the past

Just got these back from old negatives.
Some of these pictures I have never seen.

Such as this one, taken about 1956.
Wish I could see the food better behind us.
My mother (with her eyes half closed), me, and my Grandma Slinkard.
Can't figure out why we are so dressed up for a picnic at the park.
Who do I look like? I see a little of my son Logan in me, and also my granddaughter Cami.


How about this classic taken at Familiy Camp in the summer of 1965The twins look about 6 weeks old, if that.
btw, the little very blonde girl up front was not one of ours...that's Peggy's friend Gina Morrison. Also, the red head in the back must have been Ray Wardell.

How did we keep those babies from freezing at night? We lived in a tent for a week!


Below is stylin' Robin in 1966 wearing her very homemade looking dress. Where did Mom find time to make clothes with 7 children and pregnant with #8.

Another 1965 picture.
I remember the one below very well.
We all spent a week (or was it a few days?) in Palm Springs at a hotel owned by my grandma's sister. This was the first and only time I remember that we got to play with our 2nd cousins.


Robin and Peggy are in the very center of the front row. John and Mom behind them. Richard to the right of Mom and I'm to the right of Richard.
Where were the twins? Were they not born yet?

It's 1959 below. Richard and John, and me holding Robin.
My mom would refer later to those days as "gentler times"
This is a more familiar picture to me.
Johnny, my mom holding Robin, Richard, and me.
Why does John have girls shoes on?
I have more to show in a day or so...

19 comments:

Rebecca said...

How fun! But I would swear the first one is Elora! Amazing!

grandmapeg said...

Jill, you are so very blessed to have all of these pictures from your childhood! They are priceless. I wonder if your mom is always in dresses because that is what women wore back then. I remember my mom always wore a dress every day of the week. You have a gold mine with all of these family pictures. And definitely I see Logan and Elora when I see these early pictures of you.

Brock said...

Jill you look so much like Logan in that first picture!!! Wow!!! That must mean that Tea will look like you!
Erin

Karen Mortensen said...

I love all the pictures of your family. You know I especially love all the pictures of Robin. I love the ones of your mom too. She was a classic and elegant lady.

Eileen said...

This is such a beautiful post, Jill! What a treasure to have these pictures!

All dressed up for a picnic, how sweet! I remember my Mom always wore dresses, she had her house dresses for cleaning, her everyday dresses for running errands outside the house, her Sunday dresses and suits, and her really fancy dresses or suits (well, not so fancy as my Mom wasn't like that, but to me they were fancy) for Easter Sunday, Christmas, weddings and things like that.
And I see you were in dresses quite a bit too!

Great post, Jill. I loved it!

darlene said...

Jill, you look like Elora in the second picture.

Carly said...

Oh, these are my favorite posts, when you show old pictures of Grandma and all the zillions of kids she had. I miss her.

Kris said...

Oh wow! Those are some great pictures! It's always so interesting to me to look back at your childhood.

Nate and Julie said...

I love it! The old pictures are priceless! I've hardly seen a picture of my dad from before I was born...thanks for sharing!

Grandma Honey said...

Well stay tuned Julie, because I have more to show of your Dad.

Susan Rozier said...

Jill, Your dad really enjoyed these pictures. As soon as I saw them I went to get him "to come quick." (Did I think they would disappear?) They really "took him back" he said. A tender memory for him I could tell. Love, Susan

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures Jill! The one of Robin standing in front of the fence looks so much like little Robin! And I agree with Erin that you look just like Logan in that first picture. I look forward to seeing more.

Natalie

Richard said...

Re Johns nice shoes. He used to trade me legal advice for fashion advice. Remember the episode where John advised me not to bury the chick because it was not on the job list? Well, he was obviously more than fairly compensated for that bit of quick thinking.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Oh Jill, I have fallen behind on your posts. I'm trying to catch up. I love the old photos because that is the way I remember you all, as if it was yesterday. I must say Logan's garden looks fabulous! It almost makes me want to garden, but I think I will leave the gardening to Amanda.

Grandma Honey said...

I know what you mean Kathy. What is scary, is it seems like yesterday to me too.

Richard said...

I think that picture on the front porch was taken the day before someone decided John couldn't have both the communal pants AND shirt at the same time..in all future pictures at least one half of me was covered.

Grandma Honey said...

I was wondering why you look naked in that picture.

Heidi Garvin said...

I am late commenting on this post, but I wanted to say that in addition to looking like Logan in the first photo, I think your face looks like Tyler's did when he was that age.

Grandma Honey said...

Really Heidi? Well thank you. I would love to think that I look like my sons but I'm not told that very often.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...