So glad I was introduced to this salad!

So my niece Natalie, who is always looking after me 
(plus the fact we are both foodies) 
sent me this salad idea she said they can't get enough of





And my response:









And then here's the one I made...





Well don't tell Natalie this, 
but I used extra virgin olive oil (I didn't have any mild on hand) 
and it tasted great. 

Apparently canola oil tastes better though. 
Listen to Natalie, she knows.

So after filling up on this refreshing salad 
we got to take these two lovelies out to dinner:
Cousins Violet, 8 and Téa, 10

Dinner out with them was miserable

The girls were great, but it was so HOT in that restaurant 
and I was feeling borderline sick from the heat. 


All I could think of was getting home to more of Natalie's salad!
I'm serious.

It's so refreshing, and that restaurant was so not.


Did the grand girls like the salad?
Since they have never been obvious fans of tomatoes and onions, 
I didn't even offer it to them. 

Téa's sister Macie came to pick her up after dinner, while her 
boyfriend was in the car, and her parents were still on their date...


Less than 4 minutes later, Violet was fast asleep!



How does this little girl who was sound asleep 
when her sister comes to pick her up..... 

...get herself decorated with her treasures 
within a minute of being in dreamland?


How did I end up putting my grandkids in a post 
about a salad they didn't even eat? 


No comments:

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...