Just a little lunch date with Grandma Honey


As Elora and I were making plans to go out to lunch, 
she asked if Cami could come with us.
Of course!



During our lunch I said, 
"Hey Elora, do you remember the time we came here and you 
had the waitress help you with your homework?"

She had to think a bit and then she said, "Yes!" and laughed.
Then I looked up the pictures and remembered TWO waitresses 
helped with her homework that day.


"And remember the time cousin Téa came with us?"

Elora is old enough now that we have a past together! 

Today we also talked about how Cami will be a freshman this year.

We are both just sat there for a bit trying to take that reality in.



Elora: "Cami is really good with my phone!"

Me: "I know! How does she learn all that?"

Elora: "From taking our stuff from us all these years." 



I told Elora, "When the day comes that you leave home 
someday,  Cami's really going to miss you!"

Her reply? "Oh my gosh I'm going to really miss her! I'll miss 
Violet too, but Cami needs me. Or maybe I need Cami." 

I thought that was one of the sweetest things I've heard. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Elora and Cami are so sweet together.

Anonymous said...

Well, I started out smiling at the beginning of this post, loving all the good memories and seeing these beautiful sisters together, enjoying a lunch date with their grandmother. Just so sweet.

Then that last part that dear Elora said turned me into a tearful fountain. I agree....we ALL need Cami.

Thank you, Jill, for taking the extra one-on-one time to spend with your grandchildren and teaching them such great values about family and togetherness. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...