Two things I learned from Wayfair

I sort of liked the area rug we bought from Wayfair.


Then we noticed after just a week on our floor, it was starting to 
fray...and that was before we had any grandkids over. 

I contacted Wayfair online.

I told them about what I now refer to as the "defective rug."
They said they would refund 60% of the price if I would like to keep it.  

I told them, no, I don't want to keep it since it's already coming apart.

So then they said they would automatically refund my money in total. 

They suggested I just put the rug in the trash (they didn't want it back) or they said I could donate it through donationtown.org who will come pick up the rug for free!

After putting my zip code into donationtown.org, up came the Salvation Army with any available date of my choice!

Depending on what zip code you put in, up will come a charity in your town willing to pick up your discards.

1. So the purpose of this post is to let you know that Wayfair, is just that, way fair.   

2. And, secondly, to let you know that if you have usable discards you want to donate and don't want to load them up and bring them somewhere....go online to donationtown.org



PS  I've bought several things through Wayfair over the past 3 years that I've been quite happy with. Thanks to my DIL Karen for telling me about it!

Once I bought two wooden chairs, and one arrived broken. When I called and told them they said no worries, they will refund my money. I said, "But one chair of the two is fine." They said to just keep that one chair, no charge. So I bought two more and then I had a set of three. 

PS #2  However, if there is nothing wrong with the stuff I buy from them, I have to pay for the shipping to send it back to them. And I think they give me 30 days to decide. 


6 comments:

McKay said...

Wow!! I have shopped there before but I don’t do it regularly. I had no idea they were so amazing about returns! It makes me want to shop there more often!

Richard said...

That’s a very stylish room. You decorate like a woman half your age.

Grandma Honey said...

McKenna...what I forgot to put in this post (and I will go correct it in a sec) is that if it's not damaged and we just want to return it, we have to pay for the shipping back to them. But they stand behind their stuff if something is wrong with it. :)

Grandma Honey said...

Thank you Richard. I'll take that as a compliment, whether you meant it to be or not. :)

Richard said...

Yes, it was a compliment. I’m trying not to have any more of my responses censored.

Grandma Honey said...

That was only once and it was 6 years ago.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...