6 sweet thoughts right now...

1. My friend Allyson's aunt died. All the family was told if they had any quilts that Grandma made, to bring them to the funeral. And then this miracle happened:




2. Tyler does not like his hair and beard like this, but he's been growing it since April for a good reason. He will be in one of the church's Come Follow Me videos. 
I've never thought of Tyler looking like his Dad, 
but he does in this picture!


3. Last week I had to wait over an hour for my dental appt (unusual for the dentist I go to)...

But it was a sweet experience....because I got to watch that little boy all curled up in the chair 
waiting for his mom to get her teeth cleaned. 

It reminded me of when I had little dark haired boys like that. 
I just stared at him and reminisced for the longest time,
counting my blessings.

4. And after that dental appt was over (my good dentist worked through his lunch hour) I texted Den and said I was ready to be picked up, and that I was hungry. 

When I got in the car, he had this yogurt waiting for me, 
along with a spoon he neatly put in a ziplock! 
My ever thoughtful husband.

5. Our tile grout was badly in need of cleaning but Den didn't want to hire out. He searched many places but everywhere he was told there was no such machine to buy.

Finally, he found a company on the net 
and bought his own machine.

It's been a lot of work for him but he's doing an excellent job.
Look at the difference above. 


6. On Instagram, 
I was surprised to see Elizabeth Smart show her beautiful family. 
She's encouraging to so many, that life can truly go on. 
And it can be good... even when it looks to everyone else like it can't possibly.


And that's it for now!



5 comments:

Tyler Heasley said...

I didn’t even think of that, but I do look like Dad right there. How funny.

Grandma Honey said...

I have a picture of your Dad somewhere with hair and beard just about like yours and in profile too like you are there...I just need to find it.

Anonymous said...

If you had not said that was Tyler, I would not have known. Such a difference.

Jill, I looked through my scrapbook because I thought I might have a copy of the photo you mentioned. The closest I come is the Christmas card you sent out of all of you wearing blue. It is not dated but my notes say that Tyler is 7 years old....you do the math.

Way to go, Dennis, with the DIY projects!

Beautiful quilts and such treasured heirlooms for all those people. pjc

Anonymous said...

I hope you keep us posted on which Come Follow Me video Tyler is going to be in and who he is going to be!
Heidi

robshep50@gmail.com said...

If that picture had not been marked I would have sworn it WAS Bill. Genetics are oh so interesting!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...