The Italian Dressing Challenge

Our family (minus Dennis) has this thing about Italian Dressing. 

Most of us crave it on our salads, but it's very hard to find one we like, unless we make it ourselves which is not always convenient.

So Logan stopped by yesterday 
to not only wish Dennis a Happy Father's Day...


but to give us the results of his Italian dressing challenge. 

I hadn't even realized he was doing a challenge, 
but I was interested.

So he explained he went to Walmart about once a month and each time came home with a different Italian Dressing....
until he had tried every brand they sold. 

One by one he would try them for about a month each 
(or however long it took to finish off that bottle). 


Obviously this study took him several months to complete. 


But he said it came down to not one, 
but TWO winners, and here they are:





So there you have it!

(Logan said he judged the dressings mainly by taste
but also if it had oil in it and not so much sugar...
in other words it sounds like he stayed away from lite versions.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool. I like the looks of the first dressing because it looks like it might have real olive oil in it. It's hard to find any dressings that has real olive oil, so I usually just make my own. But lately when I've been getting too lazy for that I just sprinkle olive oil, sea salt and vinegar and I'm good. I think the reason he wants the oil and not the sugar is because studies show that you can absorb the nutrients in salads only if there is some fat involved such as oil. Or maybe he just knows that fat makes it taste better.
HEidi

Grandma Honey said...

That's exactly what I do Heidi. I just put olive oil, vinegar and salt on my salad. I rarely use a bottled dressing but if I do it's Primal Kitchen Ranch.....which is not ranch dressing at all so I don't know why they call it that.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...