Last Sunday at church

I sometimes wonder what church is like in different religions. 
I've been to many in the past, but not recently.

I'll give you a bit of an idea how church went for us last Sunday. 

We don't have paid ministry at our church. And once a month, we all have the opportunity, if we choose, to share our beliefs or testimonies. 

So last Sunday I took some notes and here they are....
Not exact words, unless I will put them in quotes. 
And I leave much out...this is just a small glimpse. 

I'm only identifying the speakers by initials.



MM: He said he was so glad to see all of us and that he loves us. 
He has found no happiness greater than living the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

TS: She is grateful for the knowledge she has of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.
Families are given to us for a purpose. She is grateful for the impact each family member has been on her life.

NG: She announced this would be their family's last Sunday in our ward. 
The past 5 1/2 years she has appreciated the people in this ward so much!
She said they have had a string of people caring about them since they moved in, right down to helping them move out. She thanked everyone for getting to know their children, serving them, loving them, and spending time with them. 
She loves how the church organization helps us get together which helps us to help each other.
She ended with, "It's really hard to leave you guys." 


Grandpa K (his first day in our ward so I don't know him yet, but he looks like a Grandpa)
He is so grateful for the plan of salvation.
"People who don't want kids don't know what they are missing."
"It's wonderful to be a member of this church."
He is so grateful for the Lord's guidance.

LC (age 8)
"I am thankful to come to this church today."
"I know the Book of Mormon is true."

KS:  He tells about one night recently he was out late at night. It was dark and rainy. He was prompted to look to his right. He saw a man in the dark pushing a grocery cart. He stopped and asked the man if he needed anything. He ended up spending an hour with this lonely homeless man. Before he left the man said, "You are an angel sent to me. I think God loves me."

AB: He is thankful for seminary teachers who get up early each morning to teach him about the gospel and help him get closer to the Lord. (seminary: a religion class teenagers attend each morning prior to school)

SW, one of our missionaries: She said that some people just don't know God loves them. How sad is that, she said. She once heard from someone who knows President Nelson, who asked him, "If you could tell man only one thing what would it be?" President Nelson answered, "God loves him."

DC: Before his mission he said he always knew the church was true, but he didn't know the POWER of God until he was on his mission. 
God speaks to our prophet, and if we follow him, we will be happy.

Then he recited the words to this song:

"My life is a gift; my life has a plan,
My life has a purpose, in heaven it began.
My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth
And seek God's light to direct me from birth.
I will follow God's plan for me,
Holding fast to His word and His love.
I will work, and I will pray;
I will always walk in His way
Then I will be happy on earth
And in my home above."

Should you not be familiar with this song that means so much to him, here it is:

1 comment:

Tyler Heasley said...

I love this post. Great sharing by all.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...