I could feel it..

So Den and I had our yogurt and vegetables piled in our cart at Sprouts, and we were ready to check out. Two lines to choose from. 

Den veered our cart towards the shorter line at first, but I said, "Hey, can we go in this other line instead? I want to watch this family." 

A woman at the front of the line, with long blonde hair, had with her, 4 adorable children of various races. 

I watched as the oldest little girl, about 6, pointing to something in the cart asked,  "Mommy can I drink this when we get home?" 

And another asked, "Mommy can I have a sticker?" 

So I guess rather than foster children, they were hers. Adopted maybe, but hers. 

I could tell by watching the Mom interact with her kids that she genuinely enjoyed them. And she looked so happy! They all did.

It was just all so endearing, I could hardly take my eyes off them. I wanted to say something to this Mom but all I could get out was, "Your children are all just so....uh, so sweet, and so cute!"

The Mom with a big smile on her face said, "God does such a better job of planning our families." 

She puts her arms around the oldest girl and says, "We got her 6 years ago from China." 

...and then points to the boy and girl playing hand games, "And we've had these two from Haiti for 2 years" .

..and then to the baby in the front of the cart, "We just got him from China 6 months ago. But it's like they have all been with us forever."


This little family was soon on their way home, while Den and I were then checking out. I was still feeling something about that sweet family and had to verbalize it to someone so I turned to the store clerk ringing up our groceries, "Wasn't that such a precious family! Aren't families the best!"

The clerk lady said nothing, but the lady waiting with her cart behind me responded, "I know that family. They live next door to us and they are an absolute wonderful family! They have 3 older biological children, and then they adopted these 4." 

The awe I was feeling must have shown in my eyes, because that neighbor lady of the family, still behind us, just kept looking at me and saying, "I know. I know." 

We can't all adopt needy children, I realize that, but do you ever feel better just for having been in someone's presence you don't even know? Yes, that's how it was in Sprouts that day. That woman with the 4 children, was filled with goodness, and does not every good thing come from God? I think so! 


1 comment:

Richard said...

Thank you for another uplifting post! Yours is my favorite blog!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...