Back to The Home

We went back to this place 2 1/2 weeks ago.


My Dad and Susan lived here from 2012 to 2014.
It was called Yosemite Gardens back then, now it's Solstice.

While they lived there, I made a few friends, 
but only one of them, Annette, is still there.

And I call her now and then.

I heard on the news they had a fire and evacuation one evening 
so I called Annette the next day to see if she was okay. 

She said she was terrible. Not from the fire, but because she was diagnosed with a horrible cancer.

The day before she was due to go to Santa Clara for a major cancer surgery, we went to see her. 

After we arrived, I couldn't remember which room was hers, 
only that was on the 3rd floor.
As we went down those familiar hallways....

We soon spotted this door, 
Den announced, "We've arrived. This has got to be her door."

And it was!

We had such a nice chat together.

On our way out we noticed how much the place has changed.

They now have a check in desk. Progress? Not so sure.

And the lovely dining room has lost it's previous look 
which Annette misses.


This is what it looked like when my Dad and Susan were there.

And now...
 One thing we can always count on, is change.




After calling several places over the span of many days, 
finally this morning I found what rehab Annette is in.

And I learned she's recovering well!
I'll sleep better tonight. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks like such a nice lady. I hope she is okay.

Grandma Honey said...

Thank you Karen. She's 84 and she came through this big surgery well, so I think she will have some good years left. We hope and pray for that.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...