My creative kids

Yesterday marked TEN YEARS from my very first blog post.

It was April 3, 2008, and my first one without my Mom. 

I was feeling kind of sad about that, and I just thought I'd do a post 
on my birthday that year. 

And then I kept of thinking of more things I wanted to say. 
So here we are 10 years later. 


Thank you to so many who wished me a Happy Birthday yesterday. 
I felt so loved!

My kids all checked in, they always do. And they each have their 
very own way of doing things for me....

Brock and Erin.....
So, they had taken a family trip up to Oakhurst about 2 weeks ago 
and they found a little shop up there....Erin spotted this canvas 
picture that made her think of me...


 because she knows how much I love bunnies.


After they got home, Erin kept thinking about this picture. So 6 
days after their trip Brock decided to drive all the way back up 
there to buy it for my birthday!

They gave this gift to me a few days before my birthday so I could 
enjoy it for Easter, before I put it away till next year.


But I love it so much, 
so we found the perfect year round spot for it!

(Since I was born so close to Easter, my Mom would usually decorate with bunnies for my 
birthday...so that's why I still love them all these decades later.)

Logan and Amy


They brought over these very sunshiny flowers!


And I had the perfect place to put them!
We even used the Yosemite Ranch gift card they gave us last 
Christmas, to go out to dinner last night. 

McKay and McKenna


I love that this is not only pretty, but it's huge!



The wreath on our door is VERY oversized too.
(So the banner may not look so large next to it, but it is!)

After April we will hang it in our bedroom. 
Den does not like anything heavy hung in our bedroom due to earthquakes...which we have never had 
any earthquakes take pictures off the wall, 
but he's from southern Calif and that's how they think there.
So this banner will be perfect. It can fall on us in the middle of the night, and not knock us out.

Often on my birthday 
McKay will write me memories of his childhood....
I have no memory of the story he told at the end of this, 
but it made me laugh!


Tyler and Karen

Oh and how fun it was to get birthday wishes from Vancouver!

Karen was able to capture each one saying Happy Birthday to me.
It sure looks like that's what they are saying.

Rich


Leo


Juliet


Only another Grandma would understand 
what those happy little faces do to me!

So it's onward and upward to another year that has passed. 
Thank YOU for being a part of my life. 


2 comments:

Richard said...

What about the 10 lb box of See's candy we sent?

Unknown said...

Jill, we love reading you blog, especially your family history ones with photos! Congratulations on ten years!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...