Favorites from February. Yes, February

I need to show February's Favorites before I move onto March...

1. The day after Valentine's Day I found this little sign at 
Home Goods for $3.00. It makes me laugh, but I love it. 

So consequently, I had to extend Valentine's day till the end 
of February so I could look at it for 2 weeks before putting it 
away for next year. 

2. Story Corps. I never knew about this until it was mentioned in a 
book I read through one of my bookclubs. 

So there are booths set up in 4 main cities in the US where anyone 
can just go in and tell their story. The best ones are played on NPR 
once a week on Friday mornings, or is it Monday mornings? I read 
they are "wildly popular" but I have yet to listen to any! 
I will. I will. 

They also have a portable booth that travels 1000s of miles each year. 


3. I saw this in a laundry room of a model home....

(boring colors but I like the sign)

And in this same model home, I thought this was a cute way to 
decorate with plants and books.




4.  I never had much use for this cupboard above our oven in the 
18 months we had lived here because it had no shelf in itSo one 
day I just casually mentioned this to Den. 

He took off to Lowes within 10 minutes and had this shelf installed before 90 minutes were up. 


Suddenly I had a place for my disposable give away containers. 


5. I found this in one of my Mom's scrapbooks. I thought it was a 
sure thing she was named from a story in Good Housekeeping. But 
since reading this I realize it could have been any of the women's 
magazines of that day....probably the year 1929, since she was born 
the end of that year. 

Now I know to broaden my horizons 
in looking for a story about a girl named Gaynor. 


6. Vegetable Broth. I love making this from leftover fresh 
vegetables in my crock pot, and then putting the broth in individual 
little paper cups and freezing them. 


That way we can heat some up whenever we like....to add to soup, 

or to just drink when we feel we need a few more nutrients. I love 
the way it tastes, heated up of course. I use THIS RECIPE, sort of. 

7. And this.... 



....the greatest power we have!

Next up, March. Gotta get that in before April flies by, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with #4. What holds the shelf in place? Any drilling?

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...