A hard week for Dennis

I'd never seen Dennis as sick as he has been this week.

Fever, joint pains, cough, headache, dizziness, no appetite....but the 
hardest was his inability to communicate at times. 

That was scary. 

After a 4 hour visit to Kaiser, an IV, and antibiotics....he was 
doing better last night. 

He still has no memory of the blood work and X-rays. But 
surprisingly, he can tell me the ages of the doctor's children: 11, 14, 
and 16. He had asked her, and that part of his visit he remembers! 

Later last evening before we were getting ready to go to bed, 
we heard the door bell ring and there stood our sweet sister 
missionaries who came by "just to check on the Shelleys." 

We had a nice little chat and then Sister Dixon said she had a 
scripture to share with us:

"Lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst, and 
I am your advocate with your Father; and it is his good will 
to give you the kingdom."  Doctrine and Covenants 29:5

I love it so much that I asked her to read it twice more. 

It's beautiful,
and I've been looking for a way to have it framed 
and put on our wall. 

I keep picturing the smile on that sister missionary's face after she 
read it to us those 3 times. She loves it too! 

And their visit came at just the right time. 


2 comments:

grandmapeg said...

I'm glad to hear that Dennis is feeling better! I'm sure the visit from the sister missionaries cheered you both up. That is a wonderful scripture they shared with you

Anonymous said...

I hope Dennis is better now! Did they say what the problem was? Any diagnosis? Please send him my love and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

darlene

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...