Favorites for March

Keeping with Gretchen Rubin's suggestion of: 
"Keep a running list of your favorites." 

Here are mine from March:

1.  We don't use pencils much in this house, but when we do we 
really need one and can't find it. 

Or we keep finding the same one pencil in this house but it needs a 
sharpener and we don't have one...and we don't want to buy a 
sharpener for just one pencil.

So walking around Office Max one night in March, 
Den saw these....

38 pencils ALL sharpened. Perfect for us. 
This pack may be the last one we will ever need to buy.  


2. I love my Blendtec blender Den gave me for Christmas. I was 
excited to find out they have a mini jar which is easier to clean
Works perfect for me, and it's so cute. 

Not cheap, either one of these, 
but I use them at least once every single day. 


3.  I'd been eyeing this Green Goddess Dressing for months at 
Trader Joes. And finally tried it in March.



Love the flavor and look what's in it: 
 



4. My sister Robin recently sent me this recipe from my Mom on 
how to cook chicken quickly for salads or casseroles when you 
need cut up ready to go chicken. I tried it last week (in March) and 
it worked perfectly.

(I actually had forgotten about this method 
but I used it often years ago.) 

And it's written just like my Mom lived her life. 
("just throw it all in and make it work")

Right during the chicken covering process I remember we were to 
pick up Elora from school that day. So the chicken was in there an 
extra 10 minutes but it was perfectly fine. 


And while I'm at it, here's Mom's chicken salad that we all love in this family:



5. And I so love this blogpost on how to make your home 
more lovely for $0. 
The last 2 suggestions of that post are the best!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard over #1! pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...