This was not a good surprise.

A week ago Saturday after our Easter Party, I was tired and I didn't 
want to go in the kitchen and cook again.... so we decided to go to 
our comfort restaurant, El Matador.



The workers know us there, it's quiet and comfy, the food is good 
and always the same, and it's kind of like going to someone's home. 


I've been going there for 28 years. We even ate there the very first 
week we moved to our Filbert house in 1990.



So as we pulled up to this restaurant last Saturday there were no 
cars in front of it. I thought at first, oh, they must have taken off 
Easter weekend. But then I remembered, it wasn't Easter weekend.



Then we saw a dreaded sign on the door. This does not look good. 
Den got out of the car to read it. And I followed him.



Sorry if that sounds a bit dramatic talking about a restaurant, but we 
have many memories there. Take a look what I mean...

Some of my grand babies grew up in this restaurant...





Lots of family happenings....Like the day my niece Natalie came 
with my Dad...I'll never forget that real little dog in her purse. 
Seriously. 

Juliet had her very first food there...tortilla chips!


We went here LOTS and LOTS of times with my Dad and Susan...
and there was even that time with Grandma Nellie 
(my sister's mother in law who we all LOVE)


Granddaughters, Elora and Kylie and my niece Kaidy.


Den's Mom loved El Matador too!



Too many fun memories and way more pictures 
than you would want to see or I can find today!


Then poof, it's over. 

I'm sad we didn't get to say goodbye. 



3 comments:

Scrapally said...

Oh that is sad! After all these years, I wonder why? We ate there a few times too and really enjoyed it. I am surprised there was no warning. You will have to find a new place to make more memories!

krheasley said...

Oh! That really is so sad!!! I wonder why they had to close. We’ll miss going there with you guys.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry the restaurant closed. I am happy you took many pictures over the years so you have these wonderful memories to share. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...