Our first experience with grocery pickup

Just to see what it would be like, Dennis and I tried Walmart 
grocery pick up last week.

It was so simple, and so easy! 

I enjoyed choosing online what we wanted, and checking off boxes. 

The prices were cheaper than where we usually shop (Vons) and 
there was no service fee. They just require a minimum order of $30.


So I selected 11am-noon as our time slot. We just drove up to one 
of these pick up stalls and called the number on that sign. 



4 minutes later, out comes this man with our order. 
He was friendly and even helped Den load it all in our car. 


He brought all the groceries out in those blue crates. We had the 
option of paying 10cents for each bag, or we could just not have 
bags and transfer the food into our car directly from the crates.


The down side is I had ordered 4 lbs of organic chicken thighs and 
they were out. He brought out 4 lbs of regular chicken as a possible 
substitute, but I declined. 


He took off the price of the organic chicken I had originally ordered 
and said they will email me an updated receipt. 
(since I had already paid the total online)

But he did give us the 3 organic chicken thighs they had left, 
at no charge. 


Also, they were out of the 6 oz of organic raspberries I wanted and 
instead he asked if I would like 12 oz of "regular" raspberries 
for the same price. 

I went along with that, thinking we would just wash them well, 
which we did. 

I kept thinking...wow, how much easier shopping would have been 
if I had had this option when my boys were small!

I don't know that we will have the need to do this often, 
but it sure is nice to know it's available.

Afterall, we always have the grands to help us out...

Has anyone else tried the grocery pickup? 

Did you like it??


3 comments:

Nate and Julie said...

I have been using grocery pick-up for almost 2 years now. I started when I was extremely pregnant with Ruby and couldn't manage pushing a shopping cart and wrestling a toddler on my own. Now I use it a couple of times a month when I don't have time for a grocery trip. It really is fantastic! I love that they always give you the lower price if they have to substitute.

Grandma Honey said...

Hi Julie...I didn't even know they had grocery pickup for 2 years. Glad you mentioned how they give the lower price if they give subs for what you requested. They are so accommodating! I think grocery pickup is a great service for young Moms,the elderly, and the tired.

Peg's Garden said...

Love grocery pickup!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...