Chicken Tortilla Soup

It doesn't much get easier than this.

You just open all these cans and put in a large pot, or crockpot and heat up.
Then serve with toppings: cilantro, olives, avocado, green onion, cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
I was surprised at how good this was.
Try it and let me know what you think.

Here it is written up, as it was given by Wendy Alba:
It was served during our Relief Society Meeting last week and many requested the recipe.

Tortilla Soup
2 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (you can use canned chicken as well.)
1 Quart Canned tomatos

1 can diced green chilies
1 can black beans

1 can chicken broth

1 can ranch-style beans

1 family size chicken and rice soup

1 can corn

1 tablespoon chopped cilantro


Combine everything in a pot, including liquid from cans, and warm up over medium heat. That's it.
Prepare toppings: shredded cheese, diced green onion, chopped avocados, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and tortilla chips; or anything else you think sounds good.

So nice to have all ready in the crock pot for after stake conference today.

Thank you Amy for sharing the babies with me today.
I was in heaven holding them during conference.
Austin with Téa. He just completed his first week of being in the play, "Anything Goes." It runs for one more week so we get to see him perform this Thursday!



We sure missed Brock and Erin and the girls but little Cami has been sick. Erin hasn't been feeling very well either.


I took this picture last Friday night just after her bath, when she was attempting to spend the night. But got sick and went home about 10pm :((
Brock t0ok her to Urgent Care during conference. Hope our little Camers gets well very soon. And her Mommy too!!How do you like my attempt to keep her hair dry!

14 comments:

Dennis said...

The tortilla soup was great if I do say so myself.

-Den

Anonymous said...

Yes it was good, I recommend it to all eaters of food.

Logan

Anonymous said...

ps why doesn't Amy ever look at your camera?

Logan

Logan and Amy said...

This lunch was so delicious! I recommend this to everyone. Thanks Mom so much for a wonderful lunch! We enjoyed sitting with you both during conference!
Amy

Karen Mortensen said...

Looks good. My kind of recipe. The twins are so cute as always.
Sorry to hear Cami is sick. Give her a kiss for me.

Rebecca said...

this recipe looks very easy and tasty. I am going to try it. Love the shower cap. And here I thought Lizzy was the only person around with one!

Eileen said...

Cami and the twins are so adorable!
I hope Cami gets well soon (and Erin too)! Please post about them!

Another recipe! Yipee!
I'll try it this weekend when all the kids are here! Thanks, Jill!
All the best,
Eileen
PS ~ I love the shower cap! I use one too, and I've tried to use it on Jayden but he'll have none of it! I'm lucky his hair is short enough and dries quickly because he shuns the hair dryer too!

Valerie said...

I am trying to collect more quick and easy recipes. My picky husband usually doesn't like them, no matter how good the rest of us think they are. This one would make too much for our family so I might have to make it and share half of it. :)

Grandma Honey said...

I think this is a good recipe for when you have company over. It sure is a non stress way to cook . :) It fed 6 adults yesterday with none leftover.

Richard said...

This looks worthy of an article in Bon Appetite compared to your last food entry...you remember, the oatmeal with the dollop of baby food on top.

Tyler said...

Looks like a good recipe. I like easy stuff. We'll try it soon, I think.

Grandma Honey said...

Do try it Tyler. YOu'll like it.

Ammy said...

This is our dinner tonight....I am excited, especially since it it so easy! Pop it in the crock pot and let it go. Perfect for busy nights like tonight when I have meetings!
THANKS

Grandma Honey said...

Please come back tomorrow Ammy and let me know how you liked it.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...