McKay and Carly through the years

It was fun on Halloween to see cousins McKay and Carly together. She has been living in Texas and Panama the past several years, happily married and having babies. He has been on his mission and then attending BYU in Provo.

But last Saturday night they were together so I had to get a picture.

So many memories of these two. Take a look.
Born just 7 months apart.

Lindsey, Shaine, Carly, McKay, Breanne

With Tyler and his red shoes.

The cousins at Grandma and Grandpa Rozier's.
Tyler up front,
then Whitney, Julie, Carly, McKay, Jake, and Lauren.
I wish Tyler wasn't covering up Julie's face with his toothbrush.
That was the year Tyler wore his 3 piece suit for just about every occasion.

Carly, Jake, and McKay

Dustin, McCabe, Brett, McKay, and Carly
McKay was born with legs like my Dad's
L to R: Tyler, Jake, Carly, McCabe, McKay, Mandy, and Jonah
Tyler, Jake, Colt, McKay, Carly at their grandparents 50th anniversary party.

They even went to the Prom together. I don't think they danced with each other, but it was worth it for the pictures.
The day McKay left on his mission.

10 comments:

Heidi Garvin said...

That is the year McKay refused to take me to the prom. He said it would be like taking his sister. So he took his cousin instead. Silly McKay. He wasn't going to go to his senior prom at all! Then he got nominated for a Danny and I told him since he would need a tux for that, to just go to prom (a few days prior) and use the same tux. So he found a date, and an awesome tux. That he wound up not being able to keep long enough for the Danny's, anyway. But at least he went to his prom! I went with someone else and was glad McKay took Carly. I remember it was so much fun having her there. I love all of these pictures, Jill. Those two are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Mckay is your third son right?

Logan

Grandma Honey said...

Thanks for filling in the story Heidi! Now it's coming back to me. That's right, he went to the prom at the last minute so he would have the tux for the Danny awards. I think it was my sister Peggy (Carly's mom) and my idea that they just go together so we could get pictures of them all dressed up. I wish you 2 had also gone to a prom together so we would have pictures of that now. You did grow up like siblings right next door.

grandmapeg said...

Cute pictures of your boys and Carly and the other cousins. How many photo books do you have? You are so good to keep all of these pictures! They all must be organized in those books! Thanks for sharing!

Eileen said...

I love this post!

And this is how I'm hoping my Jayden and my Mia grow up together!
There's lots of rivalry and jealousy now, but I'm hoping as time goes on they grow close.

You always have such great family pictures, Jill!
All the best,
Eileen

Karen Mortensen said...

It was fun to see these pictures. That is so wonderful that they are so close.

Susan Anderson said...

What a cute pair of cousins! Ours are close, too, and those relationships just seem to get more and more valuable as they grow older, don't they? I like thinking that when all of us old aunts and uncles have passed on to bigger and better things (so to speak) that the cousins will all still be here supporting one another.

Thanks for sharing! Loved the head-to-head, body=far-away-from body prom pics, Shows their sense of humor.

=)

Carly said...

Hahaha, I don't think I've ever seen that one at the airport, cool picture!

And my favorite prom was that one with Mckay. We may have done the robot or the sprinkler dance together, but def no slow dancing, haha.

What a trip down memory lane! Thanks Jill!

Grandma Honey said...

You are welcome Carly.
Now that I know you've seen it, I can move on to the next post. :)

Tyler said...

And somehow I get my spot on this blog post in a...unique way. Red shoes?

Why don't I have a three-piece suit anymore? That is so awesome.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...