Separation Anxiety

Apparently seeing my twin grandbabies once, or twice a week is not enough for Jonas.
See them looking very suspicious last night as their family is getting ready to leave?

Den said, "I'm surprised with that many people in their family, that Jonas would have them all memorized and know just who was missing."

Téa was not so sure about their departure either.

But she recovered without any tears.

I tried explaining to Jonas that I raised his Daddy and I was a really good Mom, and I was trying to be a good Grandma, too. But he would have none of that discussion.

Miss Téa playing happily with Grandpa.

I told Amy when she got back last night, that until the babies can walk I don't think I can take care of them for long without Dennis helping me. One of the twins is very high maintenance.

Jonas loves high adventure. Grandpa took him for a walk in the night rain and he calmed right down. Took his mind off his Mommy, for a bit.
When they returned from their walk, I fed Jonas oatmeal and he ate every single bite while crying. Then he fell asleep in my arms and I held him for the longest time....

I loved it all.

8 comments:

grandmapeg said...

Both Jonas and Téa sure do look like they know when the rest of the family is missing. I'm sure Jonas realizes how good grandma is but there's nothing or no one like mama. I'm also sure even with Dennis helping, you are kept very busy with two of them. Cute pictures!

Dad and Susan said...

Love love love these pictures! Those babies are so darling and so interesting! They surely know their own minds, don't they. Dad and Susan

darlene said...

At that age, my Damian, who was the "go to anyone baby" suddenly would not let anyone hold him but me and his dad. So typical!

Grandma Honey said...

I agree with you Darlene. I also think it's not only typical, but a healthy reaction. To me, it means the baby is solidly bonded to his parents. I doubt daycare babies have as much "separation anxiety."

Grandmotherfairy said...

Boy, did that bring back memories:)

Karen Mortensen said...

Poor Jonas. Can't blame him though. I was the same way, or so my mother tells me.

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Ahhhh, what a patient, good grandma...and a most excellent grandpa...I like to give Luke the hard ones too...I think fussy babies do well with men... :)

Eileen said...

I love how they recognize their 'everyday' people!
I had the same thing with my granddaughter when she was that age, I only watched her once or twice a week and she was not happy to see Mommy leave!
Now when my daughter-in-law comes to pick her up, my granddaughter will say to me, "Grandma, close the door!"
And she puts on such a sad face when it's time to go.

The twins are so adorable, and it does always seem to me that boys are more attached than girls. But Jonas seems like he got over it quick, and so nice you got to spend the rest of the visit tear-free. And so lovely to have Jonas fall asleep in your arms!
Enjoy!
All the best to you,
Eileen

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...