Yep, I did.
And if you are reading this, please consider yourself tagged.
I want to know about your 10 great things.
10 Great Things About This Week:
1. Amy has her first doctor's appt today with her regular OB/GYN, Dr. Peters...and this just so happens to be the same OB/GYN I went to when I was pregnant with my last 2 sons.
2. I tried to explain to Elora, my 5 1/2 year old granddaughter, why her parents were picking grapes last Saturday. It is our welfare farm for our church. We (as a church) produce the grapes for raisins, and the proceeds help with expenses for the needy. Well I just gave her the simplified answer of, "Mommy and Daddy are picking grapes to help the poor people." Her response was, "Aren't the poor people going to get tired of eating all those grapes?"
I am so proud of her parents, Brock and Erin. They came back so dirty from picking grapes that they were cute! Dennis too! I wish I would have taken pictures!
3. Cami, Elora's little sister, is really starting to imitate her older sister. This is great news. Saturday she took a brush from my bathroom and actually tried to brush her own hair. Also later on she started to pull on her hair. I thought maybe she had a headache or something, so I asked Elora why Cami was doing that. She said, "She is playing with her hair like I do." I really think she was right.
4. Both McKay and Tyler called me over the weekend to get the same recipe from me. I love that they are cooking and I love that they ask me for help.
5. Dennis called me from work a few days ago and asked me to put the Pilgrims out. I knew exactly what he meant. Every year we put them out in August because it helps us to feel excited about Fall while it is still hot. His secretary asked him a few days later though, "I thought you said it would get cooler after you put your Pilgrims out. It's not working."
There's still hope.
6. Going through some things this week, I accidentally found the driver's license of my Grandpa Romeo. He died in 1959 and is my dad's dad. He apparently weighed less at 6 feet tall, than I do now at 5'5". (Dennis just came in and said I should not talk about my weight online. He said that is not what women do. He makes me laugh.)
7. My daughter in law Amy told me that the chair in our family room does not look good with the other furniture. I love that she was so honest with me. It tells me that 1) she feels comfortable and secure enough with me, and 2) I appreciate her help. As soon as I can figure it all out, the chair will be leaving us.
8. I had a good chatty heart to heart talk with Dennis' daughter Kris the other night on the phone. Her loving concerns about her children are so similar to the ones I had with mine when they were growing up. It feels good to be on the other side of the fence now, and realize I lived through it all. Which reminds me of a quote I read again just yesterday in book called, "Tending Roses" by Lisa Wingate:
"Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you've done will have mattered as much."
9. Dennis is going to take off work to go to my appt today at the oral surgeon's office. This will be my FOURTH appt trying to get this splint right. Last week the Dr was a little testy with me. Hopefully, Dennis' appearance will make this Dr more patient, and realize he needs to get this right.
10. We bought a new picture for above our fireplace. We love it.
I have to add a #11.
#11. BYU FOOTBALL I love it!! I never watch it but it makes Dennis SO HAPPY. Dennis so rarely does anything for himself, so it feels so good to me that we plan our Saturdays around his games. He loves it when friends will come over to watch it with him, which they have been. It never matters what is going on in our house during the game, they never notice. This season he has The Mountainwest Sports Network!!!!
By the way, for Father's Day 2 years ago, McKay and Tyler bought a football at the BYU bookstore...then went to Bronco Mendenhall's office (BYU coach) and asked that he autograph it, and he did! Dennis was so ecstatic that he ordered a special case to keep it in.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Yep, I did.