What we did and what we ate the week Karen and Tyler were here...



I couldn't do much that week, 
but I did get a front row seat to lots of it....




And some really nice visitors came to see me while I was resting my leg...

(Leo would visit too, but he's over at my desk trying to figure out the lock.)


We had Chinese Food one night....

Notice the hearts on our mirrors? Brock and Erin tried to sneak in one evening and decorate when Den was in the hospital last August. I had just gotten home that night so it wasn't the surprise they were going for, but it meant ALOT to us.

I love those hearts so much I still can't take them down. 


One day it was pizza for lunch. 
They requested Marco's this time rather that Pizza Hut.



And these were a big hit in the mornings. 
Even those who didn't like sausage, liked these.



Not exactly health food though. 


 The kids loved the "dinosaur tails"...so I finally tried them... 

They are the "upper crust" of chicken nuggets.


Not your typical soft rubbery oven chicken nuggets. I promise.



Dinners for our week together this time:
1. chicken pasta salad, and mac and cheese for the kids
2. ordered Chinese food
3. Karen and Tyler went to Bakersfield and we all did our own thing
4. Karen made a wonderful vegan chili and salad
5. Tacos
6. leftover chili over baked potatoes and more Dinosaur tails




They got to have some cousin time, at least with Violet. 


Amy and the kids were in Utah most of that week. 


The gingerbread houses were a hit. 
Thanks to my friend telling me about the prebuilt ones. 






Daisy is just barely a year old 
and didn't want much to do with me. 



She would smile at me as long as I didn't get too close. 



She would always choose the baby doll amidst the toys. 
A girl after my own heart for sure!

I couldn't resist this one. It's me, age 1
My mom said I mothered everything in sight. 

I KNOW Daisy and I will be good friends in the future. 


It's not like the parents called them all to gather around Daisy.
They are in love with their baby sister.


I regret that walker is in so many pictures. 
It's put away now, but it sure did help with the pain

And this sweetheart was so much help! 

I had a difficult time even doing the smallest things (like putting the plug in the bathtub)...but she would come to my rescue. 

And she pretty much took over most of our meals.
Not the way I wanted that week to go. 

So thankful for family!


6 comments:

Richard said...

Looks like you were mothering a toilet seat cover...I don’t remember that yard. Must have been the house in Hammond.

Richard said...

Make that “on Hammond.” We never lived in Indiana.

Grandma Honey said...

Oh my gosh, you're right. That's what it looks like.
Back in the day Mom had to take all our pictures outside since there was no flash. Can you even picture her dragging all my animals and dolls (and toilet seat cover) outside just to take a picture? I wonder where you were.

Anonymous said...

Toilet seat cover? You two are hilarious! I see a fluffy pillow. And if I didn't know better, I would think that was a picture of baby Logan. He sure has your eyes.

Anyway, great pictures. I sure enjoy looking at them over and over. You do a good job capturing so many special moments and giving detail so it is like we are there with you. Beautiful family.

We like Marco's pizza, too!



What is the toy in the first picture? Looks very interesting and hours of fun. It reminds me of a modernized giant tinker toy.

pjc

Tyler Heasley said...

We had such a good time. Thanks so much for always making our visits fun and relaxing.

krheasley said...

As we were leaving Texas, Juliet said, “I wish we were in California.” If she had it her way, she’d just hop from one grandma’s house to the other’s and back again. She (and all of the kids) just love you and Dennis so much!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...