Violet came to the rescue


Violet may be only 8 1/2 but she's mighty. 
She said she would come to help me.

And she did!

She got the dirty spots off our tile.

And she brought me new ice packs for my leg when I needed them.


She even found Juliet's missing Cinderella dress 
(that Violet handed down to her!..btw, that picture was a re-enactment)



She opened and closed the windows when I needed them. 


I was glad I had Violet's happy food in the freezer.


And she in turn, was glad she had happy food for her friend Vi. 
Finally that plastic mac and cheese 
we've had hanging around all these years, made sense.



Violet always always asks for frozen cookies
so I made sure to have some waiting for her.



We also shared one of these GF bars.


They were good, but she liked them more than I did.




At bedtime, I told Violet I couldn't make the bed, 
and would she mind just sleeping with blankets this one time?


She hesitantly said: 
"Well I've never slept without sheets....but okay."
She's a sweetheart.


After Violet got Vi and herself to sleep,
plus another stray baby that Daisy loved while she was here....


I hobbled in and put a morning snack and activity in like I always 
do...(so the grandparents can sleep past 7am if they want)

Next morning she wanted me to smell all the markers.

As much as she begged, I just could not do the rotten tooth.


We then headed out to the Farmer's Market.


She asked if Vi could come along. Of course!


You are such a treasure, Violet!

She told me just as she was leaving to head home, 
"Whenever you need me Grandma Honey, just call me. 
I'll be there!"


PS  Karen and Tyler were here about a week and what a blessing that was to us. More on that later....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to your leg?
darlene

Tyler Heasley said...

Violet’s the best. Love this post.

Grandma Honey said...

Tyler, did you hear that hours after she left me on Saturday, Violet broke her ankle!

Darlene....I tripped on Dec 14th and Den caught me...I didn't even hit the floor. Next day my leg hurt and got worse with each passing day...but now I'm beginning to heal I think because I'm doing better! Dr thinks I tore my soleus muscle but I'm having further testing next Monday.

Anonymous said...

Poor Violet!
Let's talk, Jill!

darlene

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...