I was tagged by Stephanie from The Mount Laundry News.
(she's an excellent writer, btw)
First, the rules, which I am apparently required to follow:
- you must post the rules
- answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
- create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- let them know you tagged them
- No tag-backs
Now here are my answers to her questions:
1. What do you wish people understood about you?
That I mean well, but it doesn't always come out that way.
2. If you could go back in time and have a do-over for your life (all or just part), would you?
Yes, I would like to do over the period of time after my sons returned from their missions. I didn't know how to be a Mom to adult sons. Teenagers were a piece of cake compared to adult sons. (And they were all great...the problem was me.) I had to grow into it. I love my Mom role to them now. And I love that they are all married.
(On second thought...I don't want to do over that period of time. 4xs was enough for me. I would like to do over their childhoods though...those years were the best time ever.)
3. Which superhero is the most crush-worthy? Why? Or am I the only one who swoons just a bit over guys wearing capes?
Maybe it's just you :) Definitely not me. My heroes are never wearing capes.
4. What’s the square footage of your dream house? (Let’s assume you can afford it, plus hire a housekeeper, gardener, etc. if necessary). I really want to ask about your favorite architectural style, but that’s probably too nerdy.
When my sons were all here growing up I would have this reoccurring dream that we lived in this huge home with multiple rooms. In the dream, I was always discovering new rooms and it was so exciting to me. I think I must have been feeling claustrophobic at the time. Now, the size of this home is just perfect for Den and I, and our visiting grandchildren.
5. Approximately how many pairs of shoes do you own?
Not sure. But I only wear 3 pairs. They are the only ones that don't hurt my feet these days.
6. What’s the one name you really wish you could have used for a child, but never had the chance (anybody remember how me and Mr. Man were going to name our first son “Daniel?”) or your spouse hated it (that would be “Lauren” for me and “Jessminda Tatiana” for my husband).
Well it's a good thing I didn't have girls because all those names I had chosen, most of them I don't like anymore. (I do like the one my husband wanted for a girl: Leah...although I didn't like it back then when he wanted it) But now....and I always have favorite names and always will.....Ledger for a boy (I found this one on a blog and I'm in love with it) and Grace for a girl. Not that I will ever name anyone again.
7. Which Disney Princess do you most identify with? Why, or do you eschew all things Disney? Do you ever use the word “eschew?”
I can't keep the princesses straight. Probably why I had all boys. I've never used the word eschew. But I like Disney, for the most part.
8. If forced to get a tattoo (or another one, if you are already thus decorated,) what would it be and where?
No one is ever forcing me to put graffiti on my body.
9. ROAD TRIP! Okay, what popped into your head as a destination? Can I go with you? I love road trips.
Portland, Oregon. Because that is where one of my sons and his family are moving to in less than 2 weeks. So we will wait about 2 more weeks before descending upon them. And sure Steph you can come. Or better yet, come see us next time you are in Calif.
10. Do you buy your own birthday/Christmas presents?
Uh, yes. I don't need to, but yes, I have done this. Through the first 2 weeks of April if I really want something I have been known to rationalize that it's my birthday. Christmas, no. Because that one doesn't belong to me.
11. Buy a tent and go camping, or stay in a nice hotel at night and hike a nearby national park during the day? This is a totally selfish question because Mr. Man and I are trying to figure that out.
No tent, no hiking, but yes to the hotel. Preferably with a kitchen.
Now, here are my 11 questions. It may be against the rules to say it like this, but if you have a blog, consider yourself tagged. I'd love for you to answer these on your blog, if you want to.and I won't be offended if you don't
But I have to say, this is kind of fun!
Here they are:
1. What do you wish you would have known earlier in your life?
2. What is the hardest thing you have ever done so far?
3. What is one health tip you try to live?
4. What are you currently reading?
5. What do you generally have for breakfast each morning?
6. What is one thing you have learned from your Dad?
7. What was the happiest age of your life so far?
8. Name a favorite song on the radio now in 2012?
9. Three words that describes your Mom.
10. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
11. What project are you currently working on?