A good summer meal

I can't be sure, 
but I don't think I've ever seen a recipe 
in Reader's Digest magazine until this month. 

So I had to try it. 


Love the combo of these flavors with the fresh dill.


We had this for dinner, along with some fresh fruit and a salad 
and it was perfect. 1/2 recipe was plenty for us.


There is something about an opened face sandwich that says dinner 
to me. Put a slice of bread on top, and it says lunch. 


Egg salad works great, too. 


We may need these sandwich meals the next few days with rolling 
blackouts predicted anytime between 3-10 pm. 

Side Note: Today marks 180 straight days of making dinner 
with no breaks.

I don't mind so much, 
but I do miss the reset button I use to get 
by going out once or twice every week! 



2 comments:

Richard said...

I think you’d be pleasantly surprised how careful and clean the drive thru/take out arrangements are, especially at the big chains like In n Out, McDonalds, Chilis, etc.

grandmapeg said...

Your take on an open faced sandwich saying dinner and a slice on top says lunch is interesting and seems to make sense to me.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...