A flashback in time

Every time I come upon these pictures of Camus, Washington, 
I try to figure out what Den meant by what he said that day. 

This was actually a few years ago.

We were in the area visiting our kids and since we had heard so much about Camus, we decided to check it out one afternoon.

I said to Den as we drove through the streets of Camus....


"Look at this town!"


"It's gorgeous!"


I continued, 
"It would be so fun to get out and walk the streets." 


Dropping as many hints as I could, 
"Oh I would love to explore this town!"


"So quaint and pretty!"



"And look at that theater. It's like going back in time!"


I said everything I could to him, short of, 
"Stop and let's get out of the car!" 

He didn't respond so I thought he must've been too tired.
Den has a very hard time disappointing me.

So I try to stay a step ahead of that, 
and not directly ask for too much. 
(my mom taught me that)

So after our drive through, 
we went back to see our kids and grandkids. 

McKenna asked me, "How did you like Camus?"

And Den answered, "It was great. We loved it. But Jill didn't want to stop, so we just drove around and came back."

"What??! I wanted to stop there! I loved that town!"

Den looked sad, and confused, 
"But I thought you said you didn't want to stop."

"No! How could you think that?"

We never did solve that mystery.


I guess we all have glitches, right? 

A year ago today Den had one in his brain. 

I am SO thankful it happened then and not this year, 
or I wouldn't have been able to stay with him, or even visit.

That would have been horrible! 

He is doing very well and he continues to get better. 
His doctor says it takes about 2 years. 

I'm just so grateful he's still with me. 

And we are both excited about a new regimen he has begun, 
to hopefully help him heal better. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite posts of places you've been. I agree, the sweetest looking town. I hope you can re-visit it again. pjc

Anonymous said...

Maybe Dennis misheard or misunderstood you in some unknown way. Is it possible that being more direct might have worked better in this instance? Well so glad he is doing better and making progress!
Heidi

grandmapeg said...

It does look like a beautiful town! Time sure flies because I can't believe it's already been a year for Dennis. I hope he continues to do well.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...