My Dad's 80th Birthday Party

And party we did!!

The star of the party:  My Dad, with his wife Susan...who planned all of this!!


Gotta love his "hair"!

Here is one of the games Susan prepared, but I guess I was too busy talking. 


Loved the food!!


 My SILs Suzanne and Wendy, helping with the dessert table.

I think we all fell in love with Susan's granddaughter Kylie.  
I guess she talked many people out of their name tags, and she paraded around like that the entire evening.  
Isn't she a doll?!

"You are the coolest 80 year old ever"
that's for sure!

My Dad with his 4 daughters, Robin, Jill, Peggy, and Heidi

And his 3 living sons.  
(Chris would have been 43 the same day Dad turned 80)
John, Scott, and Richard

With all of Susan's children
Jon, Stacy, Jamie, and Dawnie

There was some swimming...
Hailey and Elora (second cousins)

 And some looking on.
our little Cam Cam

I also wanted to include this picture for Vicky.
She wanted to know how Hailey is doing so here she is.
Jason, Bret, Whitney, Natalie, Dad, Wendy, and Richard
with Hailey in front

And Dad's Great-Granchildren, minus little Clara in Colorado minus and all of Logan and Amy's children:
Cam. Hailey, Jude, Elora, Rivka, Zion, and Hosanna
Wait there's more

Cami loves her Great Grandpa.  
She makes a beeline for him whenever she sees him.

Thank You to Susan's daughter, Jamie, for letting us all invade her beautiful yard, 
and for all she did to make this very wonderful day happen!!

Thank you Erin for taking all these pictures!!!!! 
Parties just aren't as good if you can't relive the memories later in photos.

And thank you Susan for loving our Dad.  
And giving him a GREAT 80th. 

16 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

This looks like so much fun. I am so sorry I couldn't be there. Your dad is one awesome man.

Susan Rozier said...

THANKS Jill for this recap of your dad's birthday party!

You did a great job with Erin's awesome pictures. I'll direct my family and friends to this blog so they can share in our happiness for the super support we received.

It took many helping hands to put this on. I'm so appreciative to so many.

Love, Susan

Nate and Julie said...

Thanks for sharing! We're sad we missed it! It looks like it was a great party!

Vicky said...

Thanks so much Jill. Hasn't Hailey grown up. So nice to see her smiling and having fun. The party looked great.

Richard said...

Thank you Erin and Jill for the great pics...now let's see some of the wedding reception last night. If you had Dennis trained, you could double your blog output.

Grandma Honey said...

Reception pictures will be here soon. :))

darlene said...

Looks like a fun day!

Robin said...

The party was great. The pictures are fabulous Erin. Thanks to everyone but especially Jamie and Susan. It couldn't have been nicer. Oh and dad.... happy birthday again. We are all glad that you were born!
Robin

Eileen said...

Really nice celebration, Jill! Your Dad looks great, and he looks so happy!
You have a big family! I think it's so wonderful how you all get together and celebrate so many milestones.
Every one seems to enjoy it all so much!
And why not? The food always looks so delicious, the children are such a joy, and I'm sure it's so much fun to catch up with family and friends that haven't seen each other for awhile.

I love how Susan included games too! And I'm glad you included the chalk drawing too! So endearing!

I enjoy your posts so much!
All the best,
Eileen

grandmapeg said...

It looks like the party was a great one. It's nice that most all of your family was there. Your dad looks like he is really enjoying life! He and Susan look so happy! Thanks for sharing. And I'm with Richard...let's see some of the pictures of the McMarriage reception :)

Maggie S said...

Looks like a fabulous party. Thanks for stopping by crazybeloved.

lindsay lark said...

I'm still so sad that I missed the party! I heard raving reviews from everyone- but then again, what Rozier gathering isn't wonderful?!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

It was a fabulous party. It just didn't last long enough. Richard and I were so glad to be included.

Amy Nielson said...

What a fun party! I can't believe your dad is 80. He looks great!

Lisa said...

That's super cool! Your dad is so amazing to me and the family line is incredible!

Susan Anderson said...

What a wonderful family!

(Could you adopt us?)

=)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...