Why do I love Dennis?
Let me count the ways.
1. Most mornings he unloads the dishwasher before going to work.
2. He still opens the car door for me, and any other doors he can get to.
3. He makes all the money so I don't have to.
4. He is a great problem solver. He can almost always come up with a solution.
5. If I walk into the room he is in and if I even look like I am going to say something, he will put down what he is doing and look up at me, ready to listen.
6. When I was Relief Society president he was always ready and willing to help me with ANYTHING.
7. In those nearly 5 years (see above) he would appear after Enrichment night every month to help me clean up.
8. He would also come and help me set up and serve at every funeral luncheon except for the one time he was out of town.
9. If I ask him, "Would you do me a favor?", he usually answers with, "Anything for you."
10. If I say I am going to the store or where ever, and it is dark outside, he will say, "I don't like you going out alone after dark. Would you like me to go with you?"
11. He wraps almost all the gifts we buy.
12. He loves to go shopping with me. At least he acts like he does.
13. He holds my purse when we go shopping. Sometimes he will say, "I wish you wouldn't bring this." but he still holds it for me.
14. When we go to the movies, he always lets me choose.
15. Almost every evening after dinner he will say to me, "Where are we going tonight?"
16. If I mention a place I would like to go he will say, "Okay, let's go."
17. He likes honey-do-lists and often asks for them on Saturday mornings. I wonder if this has anything to do with his BYU football or basketball later on in the day.
18. I like the way he ponders what I say. Sometimes hours later he will come up with an idea to a dilemma I told him about.
19. He tries to keep my car filled with gas.
20. He truly loves my children, worries about them, prays for them, like his own.
21. When we married over 9 years ago, he jumped right in to be a Dad to McKay and Tyler who were 13 and 15 at the time.
22. He makes a big deal about how I make his lunch to take to work with him each day.
23. If I draw a heart on his lunch bag, or write anything on it, he calls from work to thank me.
24. When we are out shopping together and go up to the register, he tells me he will take care of it so I can go back and look some more.
25. He cares for those around him, whether they be family or friends or ward members.
26. I bought a dress once with see through sleeves that I did not like. He said, "I can fix that." He went to the fabric store, bought some lining, and sewed it inside my sleeves.
27. He is great at cutting out and pasting any handouts I need for lessons I give at church.
28. He mails almost all our outgoing packages. He makes labels from our computer, and often makes his own mailing boxes.
29. He saves little notes I write to him and tapes them to his file cabinet in his office.
30. He takes me out to dinner every Saturday evening.
31. He always comes to find me as soon as he comes in the door each evening.
32. He understands that I need to be in control of the thermostat.
33. He honors his Priesthood and is always ready to happily do whatever he is asked.
34. If we are in bed and I mention that I am thirsty, he says, "I'll be right back", and brings me a glass of water.
35. He understands that I need to be the one to choose our hotel room and make all the arrangements for that. If I feel we have to change a room for whatever reason he might breath a little funny momentarily, but then he will say, "I want you to be happy."
36. He often tears up just reading or talking about the Pioneers. He has a true love for those who paved the way for us.
37. He often will tear up when we go to cemeteries thinking about all the people, whether he knew them or not. He will say things like, "They had hopes and dreams and lives just like us."
38. He insists on always arriving to church early so he can help set up chairs. Not that anyone has asked him to do this.
39. When my mom was very ill towards the end of her life, he wanted her to come live with us. He participated as much as I did in her care.
40. He tells me I am the best. I treasure his words.
I know there is more that will come to my mind later.
This all just from the top of my head.
Here is one of Den's most favorite songs:
Happy Birthday Den!!!
Thank you for marrying me.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Why do I love Dennis?