5 special things about yesterday

Cami's annual Birthday Ball Party yesterday was 
extra special to me for 5 reasons:


1. Soon after I arrived, Cami spotted me and was just beaming as 
she stood there looking up to me. She makes me feel like the most 
important person ever. AND she is a teenager now....13! 


 

2. I was SO surprised to see my 2 nieces, Lindsay and Whitney at 
the ball party! I had no idea they were even in town. 
(They are the youngest daughters of my brother Richard, and Wendy.


And here's my best attempt to get all 8 of them in one picture...
 Bret, Jay, Kit, Whitney, Lindsay, Leigh, Gard, and Winnie.

I had a hard time keeping Winnie in the frame
(Would you believe Whitney is 6 months pregnant in this picture?)




3. I'm loving Violet's new golden dress, and boots and glasses. And 
I love that her 2nd cousin Winnie is next to her here.



4. My Dad asked Elora who she was. 
And no, he is not losing his memory. 
Elora has changed a lot lately! 
What was Elora's response to her Great Grandpa saying that?
"Puberty is a magical thing."


Just have to say here...
NO ONE in my entire life has said anything about puberty being magical. 
But good for you Elora for thinking so!

5. And one more note here, 
or rather something I noticed, that I never noticed before. 

My niece Whitney resembles my cousin Kristine. 
(Kristine is the daughter of my Dad's sister Ann.)

Can you see it too?

And also, I notice that baby Leigh below,
 looks a lot like my brother Richard. 



Happy Happy Birthday to Cami!

We are all better people because she is in our family! 



4 comments:

Richard said...

Wow, Whit and Christine do look very much alike!

Richard said...

Wow, Whit and Christine do look very much alike!

Grandma Honey said...

I know! It was kind of a sudden moment there at the church yesterday as I was talking to Whitney and I thought, "Oh I see Kristine in her!" So I looked up her picture on FB, and sure enough!

krheasley said...

I have been seeing pictures of Elora on FB and Instagram--and she really has grown up so much!! I feel like we've made it back to California fairly regularly, but I'm still taken aback by how much she has grown up in the last like, six months. I'm not surprised Grandpa Rozier didn't recognize her at first.

And happy happy birthday (very late now) to our dear Cami. She sure has grown, too! But even in growing up, she is still just as sweet as she was when I first met her, what, almost ten years ago?

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...