He can be the bad example.

So Dennis let me off here the other night so I could start shopping 
while he parked the car....

Usually he comes right in, and sits in a chair by the entrance.

I kept looking for him in his usual spot, but he wasn't there. 

Finally I thought...oh he must have just decided to wait in the car 
this time and listen to the game. (I always assume there's a game.)

I didn't think much of it. 

Until about 20 minutes later he suddenly appeared behind me as I 
was looking at lamps...and I heard him say, "Am I dripping any 
blood?"

I quickly turned around and gasped. His poor ear looked all cut up 
and he had a small gash in his neck. 

"WHAT happened to you?!!" 

All these thoughts were rushing through my mind like, why didn't I 
go looking for him? Why did I just assume he was staying in the 
car?

He said he ran into a sign as he was walking towards the store.  

"A sign? What sign??" 

He was holding a bunch of bloody Kleenex. But I assured him the 
bleeding seemed to have stopped as I didn't see any dripping on his 
shirt. 

He then says to me, "You know those bushes we use to walk 
through from the parking lot, until they put up that sign?"



"Oh, so you walked through them anyway?"


Turns out as he was going through the bushes, he tripped and his 
head and neck fell into the sign.

On our way home I told him his story could be the bad example in 
teaching children to follow the rules. 

Blood will always get their attention.

Den requested no pictures, but thankfully he is healing up just fine!

4 comments:

Richard said...

You do see the irony in this, right?

McKay said...

Oh my goodness!!! First, I love Home Goods. Second, I hope Dennis is okay! Third, I feel like the sign is way more of a hazard than the bushes!

Grandma Honey said...

I hadn't thought of that McKenna but yes yes, exactly that sign is more hazardous than the bushes! :))

Robin said...

I literally walked into a parked car once and honestly thought I had whiplash. No exaggeration. Walking isn't as safe as one might think:)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...