Rozier Easter Party 2018 a week early

First the food....

I started baking these beans at 7:30am
(the party started at noon)

Let me pause right here and just say this:

Thank you to my niece McKenzie for taking the pictures!
My camera did not always cooperate. So if people are missing (and 
they are) it's because the pictures were blurry....
not McKenzie's fault!

Back to the party....

We also had....
fresh berries (and another yummy fruit salad from Heidi but she 
wasn't there yet when I took the pictures.)


Chicken pasta salad from Peggy 
(how I wished I weren't gluten free!)


Not sure who bought the french bread, but 
Carly brought the beautiful green salad. 


Robin made our Mom's chicken brown rice salad in the 
background, and Amy made her popular potatoes. 


Katie's strawberry pretzel salad.
I heard several requests that she bring it next year, too.



I told Den he was in charge of roasting the hotdogs.
He googled how to do it, and they came out looking great.
(400' for 10 minutes...he did them for 20 min because we had so many)
I wouldn't know how they tasted however. 



Dream Bars and Brownies and Sugar cookies!


The food was beyond great. Seriously, we ate and ate. 
And I felt sorry for anyone who wasn't with us today.

The mingling and eating...

These two have been brothers in law for 67 years! 
My Uncle Don (my Mom's brother and only living sibling)and my Dad. 

Amy and Susan's daughter, Dawnie.
I was surprised and so excited when Dawnie came through the door. 
We are step sisters! I so wish I could have talked to her more but she needed to leave early. :(


My beautiful sister, Heidi


Macie, Laurynn, and McKenzie


My nephew Jake, Logan, and Carly's husband Enoch.
(Logan still wearing his Grandpa Heasley's shirt. He is very sentimental about him, always will be)


Carly's daughter Calvary. She reminds us of our Mom.


My sister Robin and Dave talking to Carly and our cousin Carolyn.


Uncle Don with my Dad and Grandma Nellie 


Our dear Susan....don't you just love her hair?


The kids were so good about eating on blankets!
They seem to prefer it.


Except these two grandchildren of mine...
they gravitate to the table they have used since they were tiny. 


My sister Robin talking to our Uncle Don.



Then the hunt!
First the hiding of the eggs...

Not sure what's so hard about moving the playhouse. 
I can even do that! :)


Really? Isn't this going above and beyond to hide some eggs?


Then the hunt.....

Amy was in charge of it this year and she had the kids go out in 
stages. In other words, not all at once. Good idea!

 But tt was tough waiting for some.
Look at Mara's sad little face.

Mara went right to the playhouse to look first apparently.


Nash! He was just a newborn last Easter party!


Love this picture of Katie and Nash





Jonas and Jude, Zion in the background



I could tell Harvey was very into it this year.


Really Téa? You needed to climb the tree?


It was a really great party, if I do say so myself.
The older I get, the more these gatherings mean to me. 

We had entertainment too....
more on that next.

13 comments:

Nate and Julie said...

I was waiting for this post! I have so many fond memories of the family Easter egg hunt. I love that this tradition continues!

Grandma Honey said...

Thank you thank you Julie!

grandmapeg said...

Your party looks fun as they always are and the food looks delicious! How many members were there this year? How many eggs were hidden? I love how you get so many family members at these parties! Lots of memory making!

McKay said...

This looks so fun! I wish we could have been there!

Grandma Honey said...

I think we had just about 30 this year. Way more family not here than present, as we have many living out of town now. Not sure how many eggs they hid exactly. Each parent brings 12 filled eggs per child....so how ever that many was. So each child gets to find 12 eggs, but most likely not the same ones they brought. My Mom started this whole routine many years ago. Lots of memory making for sure.

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome, wonderful, fun Family Easter Party. We enjoyed every minute of it. Loved these pictures. Jill (and McKenzie), thanks for sharing (documenting) this super day. Grandpa and Susan

Grandma Honey said...

I wish you could have too been here, McKay and McKenna!!!!

Richard said...

I wish now Lindsay and Whitney's families would have been there a week later! Wendy and I are coming in April...save some of those leftovers for us.

Tyler Heasley said...

I loved reading through this. Wish we were there to see everyone. And experience the sunshine...

Grandma Honey said...

Richard, I think we can make some fresh food for you when you come!

Grandma Honey said...

You were all missed Tyler!

Richard said...

Last visit all I got was a freezer burned cookie...but it was yummy.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks delicious and I’ll have to try roasting hot dogs that way—-so easy! I’ve tried to make strawberry pretzel salad using a gluten-free pretzel and had horrible results. If I ever find a solution—I’ll let you know.
Peggy in Iowa

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...