Baby shower, funeral, and wedding reception

All in the same day...

I was having too much fun at the baby shower to remember to take pictures.
But I did snag a picture of the Mommy to be off her blog.

I've known Stacey Freeman Miller since before she was born.
And I've known her Mom, Debbie (Findlay), since she was only 4 years old.
Stacey's having a GIRL!


Then simultaneously, we were suppose to be at a funeral for Mary Putman.  Since I couldn't be 2 places at once, I missed it.  I use to love visit teaching Mary back in the 1990s.  I visited with Fred just as much as I visited with her! Like her daughter Jackie said, she made it to heaven just in time to celebrate her 69th wedding anniversary with her husband Fred. 

 Mary Schouveller Putnam

Mary Schouveller Putnam joined her husband, Orson Fred, in Heaven on Aug. 4, 2010. They were married Aug 5, 1941. She is survived by her sons Charles, Pocatello, ID, Robert, Clovis, CA and Thomas (Patricia) Fresno, CA, and daughter Jacqueline Baker (Bill) Shelbyville, KY; 18 grand-children and 10 great-grandchildren. Mary was a stay at home Mom and was always serving someone. She has suffered from Alzheimer's and lived with her daughter for 9 years. She passed away at home peacefully with her family. The family expresses gratitude for Hospice. Internment was Aug 9th at the National Cemetery, Gustine, CA. Memorial services were at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Shelbyville, KY Aug 7th and will be in Fresno (Riverside Ward) Aug 14th at 10:00 a.m. Support Alzheimer's research at alzquilts.org. Wildrose Chapel and Funeral Home, Fresno, CA. 


Then later this afternoon, we attended the wedding reception of Rex and Molly Biberston.




Had to include this picture of their "cake" since it was rather unusual, but also very cute.

Today covered all aspects of life, as my friend Peggy said to me.  And even though I missed Mary's funeral, I've been thinking of her all week.
It's been a reflective day all the way around. The cycle of life continues.
We celebrate here, and I'm sure we celebrate in heaven, too.

8 comments:

Dad and Susan said...

Jill, You have been very busy indeed! This coming week will involve a bridal shower and wedding also. So you will continue to be very busy indeed! Love, Dad and Susan

grandmapeg said...

I loved the thought expressed by Mary's daughter that her mother made it to heaven just in time to celebrate her 69th wedding anniversary. All of the pictures express beauty and happiness and all are a part of this wonderful life that we live. What a very nice day for you to be a part of.

Nate and Julie said...

Mary's daughter's (Jacqueline) family was in our ward in Visalia most of my childhood. I knew the grandma had passed and they were having services in Fresno, but I didn't realize you knew her. What an interesting coincidence.

Lisa said...

Loved seeing the pictures! Didn't even know Stacy was pregnant! LOL. How did that happen when she's in our ward. I guess I'm too much MIA. I missed you at the reception too. We got there the latter part. Life sure is full isn't it? I can't believe it's almost Sept!!!

Karen Mortensen said...

Very nice post Jill. It is so interesting to me to see how the circle of life goes.
That wedding cake was cute.

Grandma Honey said...

Julie...How interesting that you knew Jackie. I didn't really know Jackie very well at all but Mary talked about her often, and I met her a few times through her.

Mary said...

I'm sure there's just as much rejoicing in heaven over new arrivals as there is on earth for new babies and marriages!

Susan Anderson said...

What a perfect post! So many memories...

=)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...