Our sweet literal 5 year old

I have a little story to tell. So I was in the kitchen hurriedly making breakfast (I was hungry!) Juliet (age 5) was near by in the toy kitchen with the plastic "food."  

Our conversation went like this:


Juliet: I'm making you breakfast Grandma Honey. Do you like waffles? (I could hear the clanging of the toy food.)

Me: Sure (as I'm stirring my oatmeal)

Juliet: I only have enough butter for one waffle, so can you eat one without butter?

Me: Sure

Juliet: How about eggs. Do you like eggs? 

Me: Great, yes, I love eggs

Juliet: Would you like toast or a bagel?

Me: How about both? 

Juliet: Okay you can have both. Do you want syrup on your waffles?

Me: Uh, no, I don't like syrup.

Then not wanting to be uncooperative I said: 

"Uh sure. I'll have some syrup, but I like my syrup on the side."

Juliet: It's done now Grandma Honey. Come eat it.

So I walk around to the other side of the kitchen where she is, and see the beautiful breakfast she made for me:



Just as I like it. Syrup on the side!


2 comments:

Erin said...

bwhahahah the syrup is it's side! I love Juliet!

Anonymous said...

Juliet is a genius!! I would eat a meal she prepared anytime. And you are a wonderful, caring grandmother giving her your time. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...