At the 50s dance from 22 years ago

I needed a break today, and back to simpler times, so I brought this old video back to life.

Brock, my oldest son, was just home from his mission and asked to head the music at our youth dance. 

I think McKay had the camera.

I didn't edit this because some may want to see glances of people from the past. And some are, sadly, no longer even with us. 

I don't like being on camera, and when I'd see it on me I tried to get away. 
But I especially did not want to dance with anyone that night and it all felt so awkward. 

But I DO love the 50s music. And I love seeing the younger version of people who are now adults and married with families of their own! 

50s Dance Mar 17,1998 from Jill Shelley on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED SEEING YOU BACK THEN!! I've been to the LDS church in Yucca Valley many times, and your church looks exactly like the one in Yucca. It must have had the same floor plan. No?

darlene

grandmapeg said...

It's fun to see you in the video. You and your boys sure look young :-)

Grandma Honey said...

Because we were, back then :) haha

Grandma Honey said...

Darlene...I think several our church buildings do have the same floor plan. But I've been in many that don't. I'm not sure what criteria they use for deciding.

Heidi G. Ballas said...

Oh gosh! So many familiar faces. Did I spy all three Pauline boys? And I noticed Dustin Woodbury, Corinne Carey, Emilio Hernandez, and of course Tyler, Brock and some of their cousins. So much fun to see!

Richard said...

Jake, Carly, and Tyler win the most changed award!

Grandma Honey said...

Heidi....Good memory you have!! I only can find 2 Pauline boys...do you see Robby too? I need to look again.

Richard... Totally agree!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...