Thinking about my Mom today

This was written on Saturday, December 8th.


The only birthday party I ever remember my Mom talking about, was the one she had on Dec 7, 1941 when she turned 12.
(actually she turned 12 the next day, Dec 8th)


I grabbed this from my Mom's writings....



My favorite line in all of that above,
"After this, major changes took place in our lives, 
some good and some bad. It was years later before 
we knew which was which." 








This morning as I first turned on my computer I noticed that Facebook sent me an alert about one of my "friends," 
Boyd Willden, also having a birthday today. 


Boyd Willden was the missionary who baptized 
my Dad into our church in 1955. 

I hadn't realized he shared a birthday with Mom.

So I went right to his page to wish him Happy Birthday, 
and noticed he passed away about 3 weeks ago!

A little searching and I found THIS LINK to his obituary.

Then the day was rounded off by a text 
that my niece Natalie sent to her Dad:

Sounds like Natalie had a Grandma Gaynor kind of day.
Right down to the bell pepper!

We sure all miss her. I think of her everyday.
Truth be told, several times everyday.
If I could say one thing to her, it would be "THANK YOU." 
I did not tell her that enough while she was alive.




3 comments:

Richard said...

Every time you post something about our mother, I learn something new! She was one in a billion. Thank you for the post!!

Richard said...

Who’s the baby in the red Santa outfit?

Grandma Honey said...

I don't know who that baby is in the red suit! I was guessing Nick or Julie. Or maybe Lindsay?

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...