Here's where the Rozier and Bush families intersect

Well, just barely, but still interesting enough to mention.

President George and Barbara Bush lived for a short time in Bakersfield, Ca in 1949. Along with 3 year old George W. 


2101 Monterey Street

 
My Mom was born in Bakersfield in 1929, but moved from there to Fresno, before 1949. Their homes were just 2 miles apart.
So their paths didn't exactly cross.

However.....

I have a cousin in North Carolina that I recently found (actually he found me through my blog.) His name is William Rozier, and he's the grandson of my Grandpa Romeo's brother William. 

Yesterday my cousin William sent me a clip of himself nearly 40 years ago, in a commercial with George HW Bush. 

The video clip is interesting all these years later, even if you don't want to see my cousin.

Go to This Link

Then select "George HW Bush for President" thumbnail 
Right about 3:29 you will see a Real Estate Agent in a red coat. That's my cousin William Rozier. 

The house was actually a listing of Rozier Realty, the firm William's Mom, Marian Glidden Rozier, founded. 

1 comment:

Richard said...

Very interesting!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...