Grant

It's hard being so far away when our kids are going through tough things. 

Very early yesterday morning in Massachusetts, McKay and 
McKenna took Grant to Shriners' hospital for his long awaited 
surgery to help correct his club feet. 

I hung by my phone all day waiting for pictures and they have sent 
me many. 
Thank you Kelly! (McKenna's mom who is there with them thank goodness)

Some before surgery pictures...






And after...




The pictures look good and reassuring to me. But then I learned this 
morning that last night was very tough. He cried all night. 
But they say he's better today. 

So hard being so far away and all I can do is pray.
But I do know prayer is powerful, and I will rely on that for now.

We still don't know why Grant's first club foot video went viral, 
but it did.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww.. Poor guy! I have a friend whose daughter had surgery for club feet and it hurt really bad. Hers was done right after birth and then later when she was older. Lots of pain involved. Lots of physical therapy too. Lots of massage. My heart goes out to Grant and his family. But, as with everything, they'll get through it. Please pass along my love and support.

darlene

Grandma Honey said...

Thanks Darlene. I've always loved the way you care about people with your whole heart.

krheasley said...

You know, if you go on YouTube, people were asking in 2016 (!!) for updates on how baby Grant is doing. That really is insane.

We sure love you, Grant!!

grandmapeg said...

I hope Grant is feeling better now. He is in my prayers!

Scrapally said...

Wow. Great pictures and a great story. Would love to hear updates from it all.

Susan Anderson said...

So glad all went well. I am so late on this that he is probably entirely recovered and running around on them by now.

I am a bad blog friend these days, but I do think of you and your cute family.

=)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...