Can't get lost there!

Our friend Jo calls her home, "the place you can't get lost in."…..because we have the identical floor plan. 




The only difference is she opted to have a dining room….

We opted to cover the wall and make that area an office. 
That was 24 years ago for both of us.


And tonight, Dennis and I got to eat in her dining room!




Look at the sweet place settings she got ready for us.


She made a most wonderful Gumbo soup that took her 
THREE DAYS to complete. 
So I didn't ask for the recipe, even though it was very yum.  
 She told me she use to be my mentor. 
I corrected her and told her she still is!

Her husband died a few years before mine did. 
During my sad years, I would sometimes show up at 
her front door late at night, and she would always welcome me in. 



 When it was time for us to go tonight, she packed us up some leftovers. Of course she did. Of course!

Thank you Jo Jo for a most wonderful evening with you.



I believe good friendships are eternal. I know they are. 

In case you missed it, she also knows how to pack for a trip 
like no one else I know. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is quite interesting how it is the same yet with different furnishings, it is very different looking. I wish I did not know the floor plans were identical to see if I would have noticed. After all these years of being confused as to directions, with her dining room open (vs. your office) I can now visualize better. I do remember the blog about what a wizard she is with packing and when I have to do that, I am reminder of JoJo, "the expect". Her dishes are exquisite.

Anonymous said...

I meant to ask; on the hallway side by the front door, is it open to the diningroom as well or a solid wall.

Scrapally said...

So sweet! I believe friendships are eternal too. She is definitely a kindred spirit for you!

Grandma Honey said...

Yes Darlene, her dining room opens both to the front door area and to her large family room. We had doors installed at that opening off our front door. There have been times I wish we would have kept it all open like she did….especially when we have lots of company over. But moving in with 4 growing boys at the time, I wanted the extra bedroom or office.

Karen Mortensen said...

What a wonderful evening.

Anonymous said...

Ahem, "anonymous" is Pam, not Darlene. I forgot to include my usual moniker pjc of mi.

Grandma Honey said...

So sorry Pam :)
I have to use anonymous too on some blogs because it's the only way my comments go through.

McKenna Heasley said...

I'm so glad we got to meet Jo while we were there. That's crazy seeing your house that's not your house... Also her gumbo looks amazing!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...