Buckingham Way

 Do you have a house from your past you dream about? I do. 

I check on that house through the internet, now and then.

Still same owner who bought it from us 31 years ago.


Until two days ago, when I saw this....


It looked better when we lived there. 

Lots of memories on that porch.

Tyler on the left, and some neighbors who were like family.

But when I came to the picture of our family room, I gasped.


How could it look so small when some of the best things in my life 
happened in that humble little room?

The most memorable of all was this.


The first thing I thought of when I saw this room was the night I did 
something I'd never done before, or since. 


I was so tired and pregnant sick with Tyler, but baby McKay was having a rough night too. Finally I just climbed into his crib with my box of crackers, and slept with him. He loved it. 




Twelves years of memories in this room.
Lots of dance parties after dinner most nights.


I wouldn't trade those years on Buckingham Way for anything. 
Not for anything. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't recognize this home so I got out my scrapbook to see why. Must be exchanging home pictures was not popular way back then. In fact, the only photos I have of the early years were ones of the boys' births and Christmas. Your Buckingham Way home was lovely.
So your post got me to thinking of my birth home in Ohio. Oh my, I don't think the interior has been updated in over 60 years! And the exterior appears much much smaller than I remember. Funny how it seems that way as we get older. Anyway, thanks for the trip down memory lane. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...