Hope is on the way?

Dennis is SO excited about getting the vaccine, he can hardly stand it. 

I've heard the question is no longer, "Should I get the vaccine?" Instead, the reality is more: "Do I want the vaccine or do I want Covid?"

I've read we can't count on herd immunity, because so many are opting not to get the vaccine. Many fear it was put together too quickly. But isn't that what we have world wide been praying for?

Dennis made a copy of this schedule for our county and keeps it in his office. It gives him hope!


A good friend of mine, age 92, has been in a care facility 10 miles from our home, for the past 3 years. They had a huge outbreak of Covid this month. Last I heard all but 5 of the 99 patients were tested positive. 

And most likely the other 5 are now positive also.

My friend tested positive, but very fortunately, asymptomatic. So she is doing fine physically. But she said it's so hard with so many of her friends sick and dying around her. 

They were all just days away from getting the vaccine. 

She said never in her life has she experienced anything like this.  

I can't help but wonder the vaccine schedules for other counties??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand Dennis's excitement as I have been that way for a few days since learning of our appointment which was scheduled for yesterday late afternoon. Never would have imagined being elated to get a shot in the arm. Ours went smoothly, quickly, in fact we were ahead of schedule. We had good nurses; hardly felt the needle. Waited 15 minutes after in case of side effects which have been none. I took my camera (of course!) and they even offered to take pictures. We both have a bit of tenderness but no more than getting any other vaccine. Be good to yourself and those you love as we strongly encourage others to get the vaccine. We are blessed to receive this; blessed to have support; blessed to be part of history; blessed to be healthy. Thank you Lord for your many blessings. pjc in Michigan

Anonymous said...

Will you please write an update on your experience?

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...