A Memorable Earthquake today

So I was sitting on the couch in our family room this morning 
writing an email to my cousin, 
when suddenly I heard some rattling. 


The front door was shaking 
and then it sounded like a large animal got on our roof 
and was walking across it. At this point the front door stopped 
rattling, and the windows in the family room took over. 

I could hear Den from his office down the hall yelling to me, 
"We're having an earth quake!"


I could tell it was an earthquake and I kept waiting to feel the 
shaking, but I never did. I felt nothing.


So odd, because even small earthquakes will wake me up. 


Then about 5 minutes later both my phone and Den's, 
let out a loud alert. 

Picking it up, this what we saw:



Why was it sent out 5 minutes after the fact?
No one seems to know. 

Actually, I'd rather have the alert after the earthquake,
than before. 

Bad news is not so hard to take when it's already over. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are OK. What an experience. Earthquakes are rare in Michigan but we do get them. I've felt two in my lifetime. And as far as late alerts are concerned, same thing happens to us as we are at the border of another county so the storm is past us before out county alert goes out. pjc

Anonymous said...

I got the exact same alert on my phone,and it seems other people did as well, perhaps the entire central valley? But I didn't see or feel a thing before or after. Interesting that the alert happened afterwards!
Heidi

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...