Rich and Violet



 Last week, I began a text to my granddaughter Violet....



What a nice surprise to find out for both Violet, and Rich (one of her 4 cousins she was going to see) 

They were both born 13 years ago. 


A few days later, and since I'm Grandma Honey, I watched the clock the day of her flight. Not that it was needed. It's just who I am.

Then I was happy to receive this from Violet:


Oh good, I thought, they are taking good care of her. First time ever she has traveled alone. 

Then I wondered who would be sitting by her, so I asked that she give me a description. Hoping it was an older woman or a Mom looking woman. Or really, any female. 

This is the description I got instead:



So, okay. It is what it is.

I started thinking about my flight attendant nephew, Alex, 
and wishing he were on that plane. 


I know he would have taken super care of her.
But, wrong route.

Loved when Violet's Aunt Karen in Idaho, soon sent me this...


Her 5 days in Idaho, included a few FaceTime's with me...


I told Violet and Rich, 
"You're both act more like siblings, than cousins."


Richie responded, "Well that's what happens when you talk to someone nearly everyday for 2 years."


Such a nice pool in their Meridian neighborhood.


Leo, Rich, Violet, and Juliet
(Violet said Daisy didn't want her picture taken.)




Funny to me now, 
how dressed up people use to get just to travel.


My brother Richard and my Dad in full on suits!
Whatever date that was.


Cousins can be such a blessing!

Even though Rich and Violet live in different states, thankfully they can at least go back to phone talking once this trip is over. 

That was not an option in my childhood. 

Just a few days ago over our sibling text, Richard said:
"Back then we NEVER used long distance...that was saved for something important like a nuclear holocaust."

I added what our Dad use to say: 
"Long distance phone calls are like paying for a dead horse."

Those were different times, and different parents!


Amazing how much those two have changed in 5 very short years.
Childhood goes by lightening fast for us grandparent types.


Makes me happy when cousins grow up as best friends!


No comments:

Jack's proud moment

Jack could hardly believe his good fortune  when they put the 4 year olds in charge of the fire!